• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 trailer wiring harness to standard civilian trailer harness

danewerle

Does anyone make a trailer harness adapter for my M1009 recepticle on the rear bumper that allows a hook up to a 4-Flat Trailer End Connector on my boat trailer.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the threads listed at the bottom of the page. Your answer may be there.

danewerle

Dr Porkchop, that looks exactly what I need. I'm assuming you got the receptacle (male end) of a military trailer and conveted it to a 4 flat connector? One more question, my truck is still a 24 volt system but I believe all the lights/signals (stop, turn,head/parking) are all 12 volts correct? Thanks

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Dr Porkchop, that looks exactly what I need. I'm assuming you got the receptacle (male end) of a military trailer and conveted it to a 4 flat connector? One more question, my truck is still a 24 volt system but I believe all the lights/signals (stop, turn,head/parking) are all 12 volts correct? Thanks
That is exactly what I did. You are correct about the lighting on the CUCVs, no mods other than the wiring adapter are needed to tow a 12v trailer.

ssdvc

I used the trailer connector. cut down the wire and traced stuff out. I connected a 7 pin, then used an adapter for the 4 pin hook up. Now I can hook up any city trailer as well as the normal mil spec trailers. Works great and it was fairly easy to accomplish !!!