• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel switch above primer????

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 'manual primer' is actually the fuel pump that feeds the injector pump. I am going to guess that switch is a pressure switch, but not sure it is really needed as I have one truck that it was plugged off and the switch was removed. Hopefully someone will chime in on what it is actually for.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A look at the parts TM should help identify whatever your looking at.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I just looked at 1 of 3 parts TMs. Started out just scrolling through looking at the engine pictures.

Found this. Is this what your talking about? If it is, it's listed as a pressure transmitter(I'd guess for the oil pressure).

Curious what manuals you looked in?

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

I believe it is a fuel pressure sensor. Not sure why a manually injected engine needs a fuel pressure sensor, but that's what it looks like. Not all of the trucks have them.

The pressure switch he is talking about threads into the top of the fuel lift pump (NOT into the block). I think it is a fuel pressure switch, but have seen it disconnected/plugged/wires hanging on a few trucks with no ill effects.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, a picture of the item in question would help with the guessing or he can just look at the parts TMs.

Gamagoat1

Not everyone is a dumb as you'd like us to beleive DOGHEAD. If it were in the parts manuals I wouldn't have asked for help. That IS the purpose of this forum, isn't it DOGHEAD???

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not everyone is a dumb as you'd like us to beleive DOGHEAD. If it were in the parts manuals I wouldn't have asked for help. That IS the purpose of this forum, isn't it DOGHEAD???
Not all of us can read minds. Had you told us what you had tried to do to identify it, it would have helped non-clairvoyants like me(help you).

If you think I posted to make you feel dumb(I did not), maybe it means something.

The purpose of this forum is to help others. You can't help others if they can't help themselves. You could have had an answer in a minute, if you had posted a picture in the first post.

I would have looked it up for you.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GG, did you post in the correct thread?

You haven't posted in this thread before your rant.

Gamagoat1

GG, did you post in the correct thread?

You haven't posted in this thread before your rant.
My post "1991 936A2" was referred to this post. I commented, in MY post, that I didn't have a picture and hoped a gentleman like Jason O would know what I'm talking about. The manuals, all the Parts manuals of 2012, show nothing .

If you want to discuss rants, what is it you do to nearly every young kid with a new truck? Some buy these trucks not even knowing there are manuals. It wouldn't hurt to make an example of yourself and help a little...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you rant in this thread?

Nope.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe tomorrow you can learn to post in the correct thread and not rant about your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.