• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Front bumper Mods

BBQROD

I am currently working on a few front bumper mods for my deuce if any one has any ideas or requests please don't hesitate to ask.
I would like to bring some offerings to the Ga Rally that's coming up. I will post My mods as they are completed.

Fold away locking steps
In bumper LED trail lights
Fold away frame centered tow hooks
In bumper LED turn signal and parking lights

peashooter

I saw member unclemikey made a cool brush guard type thing that mounted to the front above the winch I think. It had a spot for lights, a Hi-lift jack, and shovel. It would be a good type of project for your waterjet and a welder.

I like the fold away locking steps idea too!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The steps are a good idea, especially for us old guys with bad knees.

You might consider some kind of reverse "DOT bumper" to keep the vehicle from running up and over some nimrod that slammed on the brakes in front of you. For those that don't know a "DOT Bumper" is what they put on the back of a semi-trailer to keep cars from going under them in a rear end collision.

RodUSMC1962

It`s also called a" Mansfield bar" ,put into law after Jayne Mansfield was killed running into a semi trailer. Like wreckerman says, the steps help us old guys. :beer:

w3azel

Id like a front bumper similar to what you can get from fab four or iron bull for pickups. Something beefy with nice angles and built in lights. After adding bigger tires my truck is going to be sitting to high for my regular headlights but I don't like the idea of low hanging driver lights that can get ripped off.Keep shackles so I can use my tow bar still. I'm going to be adding a Mansfield bar to my truck later. Build the mud flaps into it and have it either removable for off-road or where I can collapse it and tuck it up against the frame.

BBQROD

Ok so steps are in the works already. Fold away Mansfield bar is doable. The only reason I wanted tow hooks or eyelets was because one of my shackles is already bent.

Driving lights were defiantly going in the bumper No Hangers they would get ripped off.

How about Mansfield bar with lights built in it. Two birds one bar?!

w3azel

Well I'm confused are we talking front bumper or rear bumper. The thread is for a front bumper but I thought we were talking about a Mansfield bar in the rear. Are you building a prototype bumper off of what we are suggesting or just doing a CAD. I wish CAD programs didn't cost so much or Id get one and put a couple of different ideas I got floating around this crazy head.

Last edited:

BBQROD

We'll any ideas are welcome! But just for interested viewers here is a project we are working on now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395355737.518571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395355755.507054.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395355768.959864.jpg this thing is far from done more pictures to come!

BBQROD

Well I'm confused are we talking front bumper or rear bumper. The thread is for a front bumper but I thought we were talking about a Mansfield bar in the rear. Are you building a prototype bumper off of what we are suggesting or just doing a CAD. I wish CAD programs didn't cost so much or Id get one and put a couple of different ideas I got floating around this crazy head.
Yeah a rear fold away Mansfield bar or four pins and its on the ground. problem is every truck is a different height. But I guess it could be a custom application.

BBQROD

Step will be in the middle and boxes will be covered with tread plate so you can maneuver from one side to the other. And there a housing for led lamps.

peashooter

Step will be in the middle and boxes will be covered with tread plate so you can maneuver from one side to the other. And there a housing for led lamps.
Gotcha' Thanks! Also I'd be interested in some type of winch cable cover. Like a flip/fold up thing or something that comes off.

Below are some pics of my bumper mods too (nevermind the yellow circle in the first pic, it was just showing someone before the longer u-bolts for the Air-O-Matic)

Attachments

Last edited:

bonedoc

Gotcha' Thanks! Also I'd be interested in some type of winch cable cover. Like a flip/fold up thing or something that comes off.

Below are some pics of my bumper mods too (nevermind the yellow circle in the first pic, it was just showing someone before the longer u-bolts for the Air-O-Matic)
Peashooter, those are some awesome ideas. I bet you could sell a bunch of those boxes to people with winch bumpers....especially those of us with no fab tools!!

bonedoc

That looks awesome, not sure if I personally care for how far it hangs down but that is a matter of opinion. Still a bad a$& looking mod! Nice job!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks