• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Isolators

85bov

Hey guys I'm new here. Building an 85 M1009. I'm hoping that this is the right place to post this. I have a phantom leak. I want to keep the 24/12 set up and add a third battery to run the accessories. My question is, what is the best way to hook up a 3rd battery and isolate my 2x12v batteries for starting. I'd like to be able to shut it all off from the cab and use the 3rd battery to boost my primary batteries if they go flat. I hope this makes sense.

Skinny

Sounds like an issue because I'm assuming you would be tying your 3rd batt in parallel with batt #1 on the cucv. In this scenario you would be able to charge batt #3 no problem then isolate it to run accessories. Issue will come up if you have dead starting batts, batt #3 will not provide you any assistance in the 24v circuit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks