• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lunette Ring Extension ?

Artisan

So I either have to cut off the Vertical Lunette Ring Mount welded to the trailer for clearance
from the Roller to the Vertical Lunette Mount, or I need to extend the Lunette Ring or
the pintle hitch itself.

Are there any extensions that can be bought or am I fabricating?
I kinda do not want to cut this thing for future possible use.

schutt-x-m916-side.jpg schutt-x-m916-askew.jpg extension-cad-calcs.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know what truck you have. Is there a NEED for the roller right now? Why not unbolt it and decide later?

Artisan

Gimp, The removal of the roller removes all kinds of stuff I need. I have time.

Derrick, Interesting...I wonder what the dims are. That could be a great starting point
and add gusetting... If anyone has that from 12" or so section I would love detailed
pics and some quick dims. I have 4.5" x 4.5" bolt pattern

Mules, That is cool but not tough enough fo rwhat I need.

harleyhouse

If that truck trailer combo is what you run all the time cut down the trailer hitch tower and keep the lunette ring in the same position.
A Lunette ring extension could be made easy enough but would add stress and more shear load.

Artisan

If that truck trailer combo is what you run all the time cut down the trailer hitch tower and keep the lunette ring in the same position.
A Lunette ring extension could be made easy enough but would add stress and more shear load.

Exactly....except I am so anal about cutting something I "might" need someday! Ha!
I have been chewing on this all day and I the resolve will probably be to just
cut it but not until I exhaust all resources on a storbought resolve.

DrillerSurplus

So I either have to cut off the Vertical Lunette Ring Mount welded to the trailer for clearance
from the Roller to the Vertical Lunette Mount, or I need to extend the Lunette Ring or
the pintle hitch itself.

Are there any extensions that can be bought or am I fabricating?
I kinda do not want to cut this thing for future possible use.

View attachment 490710 View attachment 490711 View attachment 490712
The company I worked for bought a bunch of S. Cal. Edison trucks & quite a few of them had extensions for the pintle to get it back past a step on the service body they used. They were a solid hunk of steel with bolt pattern matching the pintle and at extended about 6-8". We took quite a few off, I'll see if there are any around. Might even be near you in La Habra or Upland.

Artisan

The company I worked for bought a bunch of S. Cal. Edison trucks & quite a few of them had extensions for the pintle to get it back past a step on the service body they used. They were a solid hunk of steel with bolt pattern matching the pintle and at extended about 6-8". We took quite a few off, I'll see if there are any around. Might even be near you in La Habra or Upland.
No kidding? Wow...I am glad I didn't just hack it off. My math says 6-8" is alls I need.
Keep me posted. Very interested. I think my pintle bolt pattern is 4.5" x 4.5" .

Artisan

You turned them into flatbeds WITH the cranes yes?
That would be a VERY nice rig, especially w/ A/C .

Artisan

I just re-read this and I may have err'd Driller.

My "pintle" is a two bolt, (It is about an 8" or so spread)

The Lunette ring bolt pattern is 4.5" x 4.5" with 4 bolts.

DrillerSurplus

I found one of the extensions with pintle still on a truck that has cannibalized for parts. (80's vintage GMC Generals are hard to find) Couldn't get too close because it was covered in vicious blackberry vines & I didn't have a machete with me.

I did get a tape on it though & this one only extends about 4". The pintle has 4 bolts- I'd guess 2 1/2" on center vertically x 4" on center horizontally. I'll upload a photo when I get the blackberries off of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks