• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric problem

connectingbar

Ok my Deuce was slow to start . While pushing the starter switch it seemed to be a low battery condition but it would still start after a few attempts. While I am not any good with electronics I called JT for his advice. It seemed like a loose connection. I checked all connections from the Batts to the starter and all seemed good so I thought the starter was getting lazy. I changed out the starter with a new one and now I have no power at all. When I flip the accy switch nothing happens at all. Question is, Could my accessory switch be bad? Parade season is here and my Deuce is dead. ANY Thoughts?

rustystud

After you finish checking out the batteries and they check out OK , then check the starter relay which is mounted just above the starter on the engine block. If this checks out then you need to check out the battery cables themselves. First, is there a good connection between the battery posts and clamps ? Are the crimp connections good on the cable ?. Is there corrosion in the cable sheathing ? Are the cables brittle from overheating ? All this can add up to poor starter performance. If it still does not work after this let us know and we can discuss further what may be wrong.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had trouble with my deuce not starting last year. It would make this "clicking" noise as the starter and relay would try to engage but just not turn over. Long story short it was 1 bad battery. I had both load tested at O'Reilly's and Sam's Club.

O'Reilly's said both were good. Sam's club said both were good but that one returned zero CCAs (Cold Cranking Amps). I believed Sam's test as it was longer. I bought matching batteries at NAPA and the truck fired right up.

connectingbar

It turns out to be a bad accessory switch. After chasing down every wire on the truck, cleaned all connections, tightened down grounds. I tested the switch and found that it is shorting out. George at White owl sent me out a new one. Thanks for all of your advice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks