• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to me M37

FrankUSMC

One of my parts M37s had extra springs under the rear. I did not notice this, but an old "motor T" marine did and pointed it out to me, them it stuck out like a sore thumb. Later I was talking to another old Marine, and he said he remembers the M37s they had in artillery had extra springs in the rear for carrying the heavy rounds for the guns.
I was raised in SC and my family still live there, where is Gray Court?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot wait to get her that red paint has to go.
Plan on giving her a full facelift.

I want od green but on some of the pictures I saw USN so I will have to see.
Not real fond of battle ship gray on a truck.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my parts M37s had extra springs under the rear. I did not notice this, but an old "motor T" marine did and pointed it out to me, them it stuck out like a sore thumb. Later I was talking to another old Marine, and he said he remembers the M37s they had in artillery had extra springs in the rear for carrying the heavy rounds for the guns.
I was raised in SC and my family still live there, where is Gray Court?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
How many extra leaves? Were they just in the rear or were some added to the front too?

I know this was done, but I've been able to get the details. I sure would appreciate any specifics you could provide.

Thanks!

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on your new truck, Coffey1! Looks like most of the parts are there and not too rusted out.

Be sure to go over to G741.com to let the folks over there know about your new acquisition. Lots of very knowledgeable and experienced people over there.

I think it'll look better in O.D. instead of red too!

Storm 51

tbone1004

Truck used to be mine, moving out of Maine and will be in an apartment for the while so I'm happy that it gets to go to a new home. Truck has a build thread on G741 already. Good truck for me and I'm just glad I hadn't started the restomod yet so it can go back to original. Will be a good truck for him and I'm looking forward to helping with the restoration.

The truck was Army, the pics that have USN were the water tank that is in the back that was put in there. I haven't dug through too much on the history of the truck since I haven't had much time over the past 8 months with work travel. Speaking of, do you want said water tank to go with it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks