• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So this just happened...

ke5eua

I never thought I would introduce the truck to mud but me and the wife took the 4-wheeler out and it got stuck, and I mean stuck.

Light bulb, hey I have this huge truck, it can get it out.

Good news, 4-wheeler is free...bad news...

IMG_0983.jpg

Tried a come along, I decided to back off before I broke it.

So my options...

Sleep in truck till it dries up and drive it out
Call a tow truck
Find someone with a truck that has enough testis to pull me out
"Borrow" a service truck from the fire station and winch it out...using it for personal use is highly discouraged.
Buy a member a pack of beer and have a laugh while he pulls me out, wink wink, tim....maybe a couple packs of beer...

Last edited:

ke5eua

About 40 50 feet.

I would love to say this was a wife egged me on to do it but it was more of a, that doesn't look to bad, here hold my beer watch this type thing.

ke5eua

Well it would be best to go backwards but the distance to drag would be almost doubled, although there is a patch of dry land not even 15 feet behind it. Just getting to it you have to go over a few small trees as it is a 4 wheeler trail.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You could use the rears as a winch. Run some rope through the rim holes and back out. It would help to do a rope on the left and the right.

Csm Davis

Also by solid ground I mean ground you can jump up and down on and not dent more than 1/4". A wrecker will sink on ground that a 818 will walk across and barely leave tracks.

ke5eua

Also by solid ground I mean ground you can jump up and down on and not dent more than 1/4". A wrecker will sink on ground that a 818 will walk across and barely leave tracks.
I know what you meant, I was a H8 so I know, that why it would have to be forward drag.

I'm going to try the makeshift tire winch tomorrow, will take video.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks