• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

As close to a 4-door CUCV as I can get

Tornadogt

I found this Criagslist and had to join the "little truck club" :-D

It is a 1990 3x3 4 door
400 trans
205 Transfer case
4.56 gears
Traction lock rear
Title states it as 1 1/2 ton

The Rear end is standard Dually width not Cab/chassis width.
It is Military and has the data tags. I was told it was a fire truck for the military before being used by the local Fire department.

Plans are to install a standard CUCV core support/grill and brush guard. MRAP seat set 2 buckets up front and 3 in the back, Lift it enough for HMMWV wheels and tires, and a fresh 383 CARDC green paint job. (maybe camo)
I am unsure at the moment about the bed, Keep it, go with a standard long bed, M101, M1101??? any of them are possible.

Photos

IMG_0527.jpgIMG_0524.jpgIMG_0526.jpgIMG_0538.jpgIMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something to measure before settling on a bed. I know you said it had the wider rear axle from a dually type pickup not a CC axle. I would still measure the cab to axle length to confirm it. There was a cc with the wider rear axle. It was referred to an ambulance chassis. 56" cab to axle is a pickup, 60" CA is a cab chassis. As far as trailer beds, I hope someday someone does one right and moves the floor of the bed up. In my opinion they look kind of funny with the bed so much higher than the cab.

Tornadogt

Something to measure before settling on a bed. I know you said it had the wider rear axle from a dually type pickup not a CC axle. I would still measure the cab to axle length to confirm it. There was a cc with the wider rear axle. It was referred to an ambulance chassis. 56" cab to axle is a pickup, 60" CA is a cab chassis. As far as trailer beds, I hope someday someone does one right and moves the floor of the bed up. In my opinion they look kind of funny with the bed so much higher than the cab.
I will check that out and post back.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that Texas is the Mecca for trucks. That truck would have long ago been recycled into a Hyundai or a Chinese toaster out here in California. You sure have the makings for a sweet CUCV.

Tornadogt

Took a measuring tape to the truck today, back of the cab to the axle is 56". Also spring length is 56" on the rear (helpful info for the lift kit later).

Tornadogt

I was able to pick up a donor truck for my project.. It is a 95 Dodge Gen2 5.9 12Valve Cummins, NV4500 5-speed Standard 2wd. I have already gotten the GM tail-shaft housing and ordered the GM transmission output shaft to mate it to the 205 transfer case. By getting the complete truck I plan on also using the Radiator, Inner cooler, AC system, and hydraulic clutch pedal. Some other useful parts maybe the engine crossmember and Dash cluster. One step at a time.
IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks