• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Wiring smoking

84cucv1ton

Been trying to get this thing going. I realize the wiring was messed with a lot. Lots of splices. I cleaned a few the grounds, new starter and new batteries. The ground strap from the cab to the block cooked and is almost into 2 pieces. Going to clean the rest the connections and grounds in the morning. Thought I would ask is anything else I should look at. Have a good one guys

goldneagle

Make sure you do not eliminate the fusible links. Check the TM for wiring diagrams and make sure the fusible links are intact. Otherwise they can be replaced. Parts available on internet or NAPA.

dependable

If you can buy a new engine compartment harness from one of the vendors here (Hillbilliywizzard comes to mind), it might save you some grief. Hard to undo hacking, splicing and burning. If it went beyond fusible links, or they were already by passed, a burnt wire in harness can melt into others. Almost easier to make a new harness than chase it down at that point, but you should be able to buy one.

84cucv1ton

Was not that bad. Was not as bad as I thought. I already have it done. Started to clean up some the other wires and connections and all the grounds. See how that Does by me