• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone use Grote flasher unit 44010 on Deuce?

deucer

Anyone use Grote flasher unit 44010? I am looking at replacing my flasher unit since I have front and rear LED lights (plus two incandescent lollipop lights). This grote unit says it is designed to work with LED and handles up to 12 amps which I think will handle all the LEDs and a couple incandescent lollipop lights. Anyone use this unit?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
what is wrong with the stock one, it is electronic and flashes at the same rate regardless of load and will even work fine with 12 volts.

deucer

Since switching to LED it was flashing at different rates between sides, one had a burnt lollipop light. I removed it from the circuit until a new bulb arrives and now none flash. They light solid when on, each side, even the one with the incandescent bulb in the series.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it's the same flasher and that fix does not stand the scrutiny from an electrical view. in other words it just happened by chance that the flasher started working, there is simply no way the indicator bulb has any bearing on the function of the system.
with respect to truck lite, it's very likely they had a vehicle with some bad grounds. a 'sneak path'? really?

spartan_185

it's the same flasher and that fix does not stand the scrutiny from an electrical view. in other words it just happened by chance that the flasher started working, there is simply no way the indicator bulb has any bearing on the function of the system.
with respect to truck lite, it's very likely they had a vehicle with some bad grounds. a 'sneak path'? really?
That little memo came out from truck-lite due to a widely known problem with HMMWVs and led signals. Im not saying that the flasher should be ruled out, but in my case I had all newly grounded lights and I tried two different new flashers and my truck still produced the same problem. I removed the bulb and replaced it with a led equivalent and everything worked like a charm. I would have still been cursing my signal lights if I wouldn't have found that little bit of info.

deucer

If I want to go ahead and replace my flasher unit does anyone know of this Grote will work? It looks like it should but I don't see anyone that has used it and said what the results were....maybe that will be me.

welldigger

What led fixtures do you have? (Brand) The original style will or at least should work with most of them. They started installing internal resistors to mimic incandescent bulbs. If your lollipop lights are wired to the turn signals they would do the same thing.

deucer

What led fixtures do you have? (Brand) The original style will or at least should work with most of them. They started installing internal resistors to mimic incandescent bulbs. If your lollipop lights are wired to the turn signals they would do the same thing.
They are trucklite, and they were working with the same setup which makes me think the flasher just might have went bad.

todds112

Check the ground before you replace it. Mine did this the other day during a ride. Lights just came on, but didn't flash. I pulled the flasher unit out and cleaned the grounds up and it worked fine after that.

rolling18

I also have similar "random" problems since switching to LED front/ rear... works fine with regular bulbs. (good grounds) I dont see how it could be a grounding problem when the only thing that changed was to LED's.. hmmm thinking maybe theres NOT ENOUGH resistance to activate/ function the flasher reliably??? and adding the lolipops gave it enough resistance...

using that line of thought im adding 2 external resistors...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks