• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outage Tuesday evening 1-27-15

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry folks, I was trying to do some OS related patching and we had two things go sideways on me. The system thought it'd be great to switch the database server from mysql to mariadb. As well as upgrade php beyond the level that vBulletin is able to work on. I still have more patches to work on with the OS. Then we've got a vBulletin upgrade to come. (Don't worry, it's not a drastic upgrade like the last one, this is security related patching/upgrades)

Again, sorry folks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might have seen a blip just now as well. Saw one thing of concern and had to bounce the database.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am really glad there are people like you who understand even a tiny bit of what you just said. It might be helpful if you check the starter hoses and headlight fluid while you're in there.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought old folks couldn't hear?

Bazinga! I'll be here all week folks! Make sure to tip your waitresses.

(I'm running on 1hr and 15mins of sleep today...)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just keep the lights on Son. My todays posts button sends me back the the crippled mode. Haven't tried cookie tossing yet, willl do that soon.

Edit to note; clearing cache quelled my errant related to "todays posts"

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You could have been working on the M114 during that time.:naner:
Well after work today (my main job that is) I'm heading over to Tony's to meet a fellow about some M114 parts!

I also talked with one of my welder friends, he thinks we can salvage that commanders hatch. And repair all the issues with the hull.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, for the last hour I've been beating my head trying to get the "todays posts" feature to work on my car computer with no avail. I've dumped everything I can think of and I can't figure it out. Clearing cache worked fine on the phone. I've wiped cache, temp internet files, browsing history etc. Anything obvious I'm missing?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, for the last hour I've been beating my head trying to get the "todays posts" feature to work on my car computer with no avail. I've dumped everything I can think of and I can't figure it out. Clearing cache worked fine on the phone. I've wiped cache, temp internet files, browsing history etc. Anything obvious I'm missing?
I've had no problems with new threads or today's posts. Do you have a screen shot of what's going on? Or could you elaborate more as to what happens/displays when you click on it?

MtnSnow

Also you might try logging out of the forum and then dump the cookie for here and then log back in as maybe your cookie got dropped on the floor and got trashed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a whole bunch more text as you scroll down I've dumped stuff with programs opened and closed and done a bunch of restarts. I'll keep at it but can't do any more restarts till 2200.
grab1.jpg

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another ahab had this issue. But it wasn't a properly formed link. It was displaying a cached page of the site from last night when I broke it. Try hitting ctrl+F5 on that page to force a new load of the page and not a cache.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ctrl+F5 works but I have to do it every time I click on that "Todays Posts" search. A minor thing to deal with. Thanks Drew.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ctrl+F5 works but I have to do it every time I click on that "Todays Posts" search. A minor thing to deal with. Thanks Drew.
Great, yeah it's going to be your local cache on your browser.

I see you're on IE9 or above. (Not sure the exact) But here's how to completely clear up the cache.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/internet-explorer-11/ (This is 11, click on the other versions linked below if you're running 9 or 10)

Although, if you're using this in your car. It might be your network doing local caching as well. (Not sure how your car's computer connects to the web exactly)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll try that. Only God knows how our network is configured. Access is through Verizon Wireless. We had RF modems but they weren't worth the lead to shoot them. Trust me, I'm OK with it this way and I knew from the get-go, it was on my end.

michigandon

I am unable to acess iTrader since last night.

Actually, nothing worked for me either until I cleared all my history and cookies (kept getting the same screen that Recovry got above).

I recieved feedback lastnight from a member with whom I conducted a transaction with yesterday, but when I click the link that is sent in the PM, I get an "Unable To Connect" page.

Not sure what's up with that? :shrugs:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just left you a feedback now without any issue. On that page, try the ctrl+F5 to see if you can force a reload if it doesn't load.

Were you seeing a screen like Kenny possibly? I'm guessing you hit the site when I had issues.