• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From one border to the other in a deuce and m105

red

Getting ready to move from Midland Texas up to Bellingham Washington. I'll be driving the m35a2 with cargo cover and a m105 in tow. Camping out of the deuce and all the stuff I'm bringing with me will be in the trailer.

Planning to camp for most of the trip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you can stay in touch witb us. Never know when you might need an errant part. Our own cranetruck did VA to CA and back in a deuce.

FloridaAKM

Sounds like a big adventure for the spring. Even though I'm on the East coast, keep us posted as to your progress, maybe Murphy will stay here & not bother you during you trip.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you do a brake check before you hit the downgrades in the Rockies and Cascades . Safe trip.:driver:

red

Brakes would be a good thing in the mountains haha.

Making a trip to Thornton Texas tomorrow to drop off the shelter. Once I get back its a few more days of prep then on the road

waayfast

We'll be watching the updates on your progress. Looks like your route takes you through Cloudcroft NM then down the grade to Almagordo. That is a 6% grade for 16 miles if I remember correctly from our trip to retrieve one of our Cletracs. Best to make sure the brakes are top-notch on yer wagon. Fantastic drive and nice scenery--be sure to honk the horn going through the tunnel!

I have relatives in Socorro I could contact if you need assistance along that area.

If your route takes you up HWY 55 north from Boise then up US95 to the north end of Idaho, we are about 100 miles north of Boise if you need help or just need to take a break.

Jim and Shawn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks