• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauge Cluster Issues

Woodshumvee

With the humvee running i am able to get the back lighting to work but no actual function from the gauges. Oil pressure needle jumps to 0 then stops. Nothing from volts or fuel. Tanks full and bats are new. I tried a new oil gauge just to see and it does the same thing. Thought it was weird that all the gauges don't work. pulled the face panel and all the connections are good. What do you think it could be? Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gauge panel needs to be well grounded. There is a supplemental grounding harness available that helps with these issues.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a ground not only on the panal, but a ground that passes from the engine side to compartment side for instrument grounding...this must be clean.it can only be accessed by removing the inst cluster, it's behind the vent cables' upper right corner....I personally replace the ground stud with new 1/4-20 threaded Rod...

Woodshumvee

Thanks guys. I ended up finding a ground plug disconnected right over the trans in the ground cable cluster and it looked like someone had cut another ground wire at the plug. I had to cut the wire cover back to get the end and solder a new connection. Once I pluged them both in all my gauges worked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks