• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some fuel filters slightly less than ideal.

DavidWymore

Check out his paragraph about fuel filter fit a little ways down. It got me wondering...

http://www.nf6x.net/…/m44-series-truck-parts-cross-referen…/

I think what he's picking on is the fit of the center cork gasket on the spring loaded cup on the stem in the can.

The suspense was killing me, so I went and ripped a secondary can off my deuce.

I have Baldwin PF902s from Erik's Military Surplus - CENTER filter in pic.

The metal lip in the middle of the Wix 33512 filter I removed previously - RIGHT - does overlap the cork and the spring cup sits partially on that metal lip so sealing is kinda metal to metal which is less than ideal, BUT the cup isn't sealed to the rod anyway...

Fuel Filters 01.jpg
Another shot of the WIX I removed with the cup held up to it.
Fuel Filters 02.jpg
A variety of filters from Eastern Surplus' Ebay store. All these look like they would seal pretty good. Unfortunately, they don't say which is which brand.
Fuel Filters 03.jpg

Long story short, probably not a big deal, but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that the cup doesn't seal to the shaft or the filter down where all the junk settles to. I doubt the injection pump and injectors are very tolerant of junk getting in them.

At least one spin-on would probably not hurt. I think I will stick with Baldwin for now, better end seal and slightly smaller micron filtering.

Wix fuel filter 33540 is supposed to be 6 micron as well.

Baldwins I got from Erik's

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/m3m54ensefuf.html

Fleetguard FF111 looks good, rubber end seals.

http://www.amazon.com/FLEETGUARD-FUEL-FILTER-FF110-Xref/dp/B00CC313RW

C1175PL (Fram) Looks good too.

Fram's website has crossovers for many other brand's numbers.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cup goes the other way so it cuts into the cork or rubber. So to be correct you would install in the canister first. washer, spring, washer, o ring, dish up then filter.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ten micron secondary and six micron final correct filters can be had at NAPA but you have to buy the canister o rings as the one that are in with the filters are not correct.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, now I am somewhat embarrassed.

Gonna go see if I can email that guy and set him straight.

No worries as if someone else put them together wrong how would you know when you took it apart. I have seen more than a hand full put together wrong. That is why everyone that gets a truck should change and check there filters as soon as they get them.
You want embarrassed my memory is going as I forgot a friends name that lived with me for 2 years only one year ago. Hope it is not the on set of Alzheimers as my Dad had that crap.

Last edited:

rustystud

No worries as if someone else put them together wrong how would you know when you took it apart. I have seen more than a hand full put together wrong. That is why everyone that gets a truck should change and check there filters as soon as they get them.
You want embarrassed my memory is going as I forgot a friends name that lived with me for 2 years only one year ago. Hope it is not the on set of Alzheimers as my Dad had that crap.
They have some good new drugs that help for Alzheimers now. My father-in law has it and he's taking one of the new drugs and it is helping a lot. Also if you take up learning a foreign language they say that helps too. Makes your neurons make up new pathways. I try and play a game of chess every night.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know after a bottle of Crown might be looking pretty good and think I have done worse.
Since I am loosing my memory I will have forgotten by the next day anyway.
That's the good thing with Alzheimers meet the same old new people every day.

Last edited:

DavidWymore

So...after just doing filters on my '70, primary cup is open end up to bite in to filter seal, I think the secondary and final cones are small end up. Flipped over, they are too tight to get mounted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks