• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - June VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. Jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

2. Atomic
atomic.jpg

3. Myothersanm1
myothersanm1.jpg

4. SIMXVertigo
SIMXVertigo.JPG

5. papabear
papabear.jpg

6. Gralmk
Gralmk.jpg

7. Bob H
Bob H.jpg

8. amgRainey
amgRainey.jpg

9. searls84
searls84.jpg

10. m715mike
m715mike.jpg

11. greenjeepster
greenjeepster.jpg

12. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

13. SCSG-G4
SGSC-G4.jpg

14. Texazokie
IMG_1521.jpg

15. Rmtaunton
rmtaunton.jpg

16. Zak
zak.jpg

17. J Wehring
j wehring.jpg

18. swbradley1
swbradley1.jpg

19. cundupa
Viper8.jpg

20. Coffey1
Coffey1.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, I gotta tell ya.
After some thinking and realizing what Mike does with his MKT at the Georgia Rally each year and with the South Carolina State Guard as needed, I decided to vote for Mike's MKT instead of my own vehicle.
:papabear:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Texazokie's truck is a 1971 General Products Division of Jeep Corporation M35A2. The truck was purchased from NAS Corpus Christi in May of 2005. The truck is painted with Gillespie “383” green paint and has US Navy markings for NMCB 17. Extensive work has been done to this truck and has a lot of added options making this one of the most heavily accessorized 6x6’s out there. It has the following added:

Fording kit (from a M35A1)
Air Assist steering
Convoy Lights
Selectro Lockout Hubs
Hardtop
HEMMETT Seats
Seatbelts
Remote Brake Reservoir
Low air warning light
Fiberglass Troop Seats
Cab Heater with new style scoop
Winch
Drop side bed
3 Color Vinyl Cargo top
Cut down 10 ton mirrors
Pioneer Tools
Transfer case winter shift boot
Headlight guards
Hood lift handle
Push Button Light Switch
Cab Reinforcement Kit
Cab Interior Gun Mounts
Fire Extinguisher
Remote Battery cutoff switch
Turn Signal Lollipop lights
Two Folding Bumper Steps
Jerry Can
Spin on oil filters

The truck has recently had the Air Pack rebuilt and 3 wheel cylinders replaced. In addition it has a NOS exhaust kit on it and NOS metal style air wiper motors replaced. Both batteries were replaced last fall and it has 11 Titan T-hawk 9x20 tires that have about 2,000 miles on them.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Seeing as i nominated the MKT.

Mr. Mike rolls in at the Ga Rally ready to rock and roll and lots of folks help set him up under his guidance. Lots of folks soon dissapear. Very few hungry folk help vounteer and Mike sticks with it. Come end of the rally guess who is always the last man standing ans still cleaning..packing up..and still has to drive home. He is a champion and therefore i nominated him.
He makes me tired just watching him.

greenjeepster

Seeing as I nominated the MKT.
I don't see a Lincoln MKT? Just saying if you don't refer to a person by their user name and a lot of people on here don't know him as Mr Mike, campaigning for his rig might not benefit him much.
It took me a while to spot the MKT and I have fighter pilot eye sight.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't see a Lincoln MKT? Just saying if you don't refer to a person by their user name and a lot of people on here don't know him as Mr Mike, campaigning for his rig might not benefit him much.
It took me a while to spot the MKT and I have fighter pilot eye sight.
Mike's screen name is SCSG-G4 :beer:

Viper8

Although the LeTourneau D4A (#19) nomination shows up with my name, this is cundupa's MV and he's the one that gets the props for a beautiful restoration of an unusual MV.

Atomic

Ok, Ill post a quicky about mine.

74' AM General. Its actually a M109a3 but who would know?
The truck was delivered in 74' to Ft. Stewart under the 64th Maintenance battalion and promptly surplused out in 76'. It was then sold to Memphis Equipment and after a shiny new coat of disgusting yellow it was then sold again to the GA DOT to be used as an offroad truck. After many years of service and very little maintenance it was then GSA'd to a young punk who on his first "mudding trip" broke the front axle. He then horse traded it to a guy at a refrigeration warehouse and for a time they used it to pull rail cars up to the dock. A couple of minor transgressions that involved contact disputes and the word 'lawsuit' with the railroad over its use, I came along and scooped it up.

After, the purchase of:
A bed, soft top frame, soft top, batteries, 6 wheel cylinders, seat, front lights, rear lights, shackles, shackle mounts, fuel pump, fuel hoses, fuel filters, oil filters, radiator hoses, belts, clutch, disc, resurfaced flywheel, (2)rear main seals, axle boots, brake hoses, 3 lever switch, ignition switch, oil pressure gauge, temp gauge, horn button, fluids out the wahzoo, axle inner seals, axle outer seals, tires, E-stop cable, air pack, master cylinder, valve cover gaskets, air compressor gasket,....

I finally got to drive it! But in the grand scheme of SS and in older vehicle ownership in general, my story in not that unique other than, it's my story and the truck isn't chinese razor blades.

Oh....the interior cab is still disgusting 70's DOT yellow:lol:

Thanks Joe for the recommendation! PB, you got my vote!

zout

ENGINE is indeed intact in my garage - go check out the thread and its really really close.
I have not installed the starter MOTOR yet:naner:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35a2

OK, where are all the Deuce supporters? :shock: Here's some data on mine!

OK a bit about my M35A2 it was born in 1981 just a bit before the switch to MERC, so what a perfect fit. She is painted in 1974 MASTERS(7th Army) which is where I was stationed then. This is a replica of one my assigned trucks. There is only one mod that was not there then, I added a NATO slave box under the passenger seat, it makes for a faster slave to help someone out, no adapters needed. It was picked up on auction from a State Forestry Department and before that a town DPW owned her from the military. The fire guys pulled the normal spare parts like mirrors, slave, , batteries, lights also removing the Pioneer rack, spare tire and rack and cut the seat racks up for some reason! Also managing to put a nice hole in the radiator! With that all fixed now she is attending local events, and even put a showing in a new movie. :)

I've added a few before and after photos for your approval!
CAM00893 1h.jpgCAM00889 1d.jpgCAM01564.jpg
CAM01724.jpgCAM01727.jpg
Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks