• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 battery wires

gavland

I just got a m1088, but was missing all the batteries.
it has 4 wires coming from truck and 2 from jump start cylinder.(total 6)
if I hook them up like you would think, all 24V way it does nothing.
but if I hook one of the wires on 12V way it starts rite up, iam so lost(nothing like my m925)
if any one has this new tipe truck and can show me a picture that would be great:lol:
or the TM that would show me, cant find the rite one.
oh and is there any batteries that I can buy that will fit in the battery box? square battery holes

gavland

picture on box only shows 2 jumper wires and 2 wires to truck +- didn't help with the other two wires I still have left over.
and picture shows 24V wiring. no help on the 12v way I have it to start it. hopping I don't burn anything up with way I have it!!!!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It has a 12v/24v system, do NOT hook it up wrong, the electrics ARE 12v (computer, trans, some relays, ect.), starts on 24v, starter relay is 12v.

gavland

thanks I just read some thing that said 12/24V on them, so I guess that's whats going on.
just need to find a picture on whats what. I tried looking at wires to figure it out but still no clue since 2 off of alt. go to a box with more wires then to battery, figure its a regulator.
any one know of the TM it would be in, cant find it.

gavland

thanks, cant find any thing I want on tm's this will help. hope I can get a cheaper battery but probably not since there square.
only use deka batters at my work.

gavland

just hooked up two my regular batteries for now and it worked noticed that there is a small P on positive wire terminal and a N on neutral so picture and new find works like a charm.
THANKS SO MUCH

gavland

yes when I get to work tomorrow ill measure it and let you know if Suprman don't beat me to it.
I do know it sit higher than our 2000 mack tractor, would have to use tire inflation to lower tires to get under low bed trailer hock up.

awind

Anybody get a chance to measure the height? Looking at getting an M1088 this week but would like to know if would work for me. Thanks

gavland

from floor to top of plate when level its 63"
but that's with 395/85r20 tires, so it could be lower if you get smaller tires for it.
haven't got title yet but did some hill climbing up a dirt pile that I cant even walk up if I wanted 20 ft high and had no problem
truck rocks!!!!!!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It would be awfully slow with smaller tires. Mine does 57 tops. Good to know they can actually go offroad. Not too many places where I am to do it though. All the trails are jeep size I would end up stuck between 2 trees. GP takes a long time with paperwork. In CT I can just do a bill of sale over 20 years.

awind

Wow that's tall. Not practical for civilian trailers. Have a logging operation hoping to use this as truck in the roads. Have a M1078 and its a blast. Have lots of trails in the woods to use it on.

awind

Can you tell me the purpose of the Hydraulics on the M1088? I see a cooler on the rear and the hydraulic unit behind the drivers side front tire. Thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Air over hyd unit behind cab is used for cab and spare tire raise and lowering. Rear cooler on a tractor is aux trans cooler. My M1083 has an aux cooler hidden under the bed near the winch also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks