• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We can Transport it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I wanted to introduce ourselves as a new paid vendor on the site. My company is Rounders Logistics, we are based in Lakeland, FL and we specialize in heavy equipment tear down and transportation, as well as International shipping, customs clearance (to and from Canada), full truckload, partial truckload, Less than truckload (LTL), and automobile shipping. We can basically transport anything, anywhere in the world.

I have been lurking on the forum for a little while now and have seen the need for transportation. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Try our FREE ONLINE ESTIMATOR - The estimator is just to have an idea of what it may cost to ship your item. Actually transportation pricing can vary depending on truck availability and time frame.

Dispatch - dispatch@rounderslogistics.com

Thank you all and look forward to assisting!

Justin Hernandez

Last edited by a moderator:

seano11

Do you haul much into alberta canada ? I may be interested in getting a duece bed hauled from boyce equipment in Utah to edmonton alberta if the price is right

tommys2patrick

I have a tractor trailer( semi) I need shipped from Broomfield Colorado to Livermore Colorado. approx 100 miles on my odometer. The rig is 111" tall from the ground. I plugged it in to the estimator so I have a ballpark. I was wondering, for such a short haul, will it be pretty hard to get some one to take the load? Probably an RGN I would guess. Its a pretty small tractor trailer by todays standards. Thanks for your post by the way.

Tommy,
Thank you, and to answer your question, it all depends on the price you are wanting to spend to move your item. Typically all transportation companies have a "minimum". For RGN's that can be anywhere from $600 - $1500 minimum depending on the size of the item, where the item is, how complicated the job is, and truck availability.

Would you like for me to work on getting an RGN on this for you? If so please email me or give me your email and I can begin working on this immediately. Thanks!

I have a tractor trailer( semi) I need shipped from Broomfield Colorado to Livermore Colorado. approx 100 miles on my odometer. The rig is 111" tall from the ground. I plugged it in to the estimator so I have a ballpark. I was wondering, for such a short haul, will it be pretty hard to get some one to take the load? Probably an RGN I would guess. Its a pretty small tractor trailer by todays standards. Thanks for your post by the way.

tommys2patrick

Thanks. I want to confirm some dimensions and weights. I can drive on - drive off of an rgn. these MV's have fairly well designed tie down points. time and scheduling is not critical so I can wait till someone is available at their convenience. or if say they want to try to arrange a return/pickup load to help keep cost down. so beginning point would be just North of Denver and ending point would be North of Ft Collins Colorado. approx 100 miles. I will phone/email you with details.

Sounds Great, I will be here when you need me.

Thanks. I want to confirm some dimensions and weights. I can drive on - drive off of an rgn. these MV's have fairly well designed tie down points. time and scheduling is not critical so I can wait till someone is available at their convenience. or if say they want to try to arrange a return/pickup load to help keep cost down. so beginning point would be just North of Denver and ending point would be North of Ft Collins Colorado. approx 100 miles. I will phone/email you with details.

Thanks! You have to select the actual manufacturer first - for instance "AM General" would be one and then we have a "5ton6x6" model there. Let me know if you still have trouble and I can email it to you! thanks!

Also everyone, please email us any freight requests and I check that more frequently than the threads I am subscribed to - Thanks!!

how do i select a 5ton 6x6 on your drop down list?

Overdrive

Justin and Rounders Logistics - Fantastic Experience!

Just completed the transport of my 97' LMTV M1078 from Ft. Carson, CO to St. Louis, MO. Justin was great helping me get the truck home and took the time to understand my requirements with short notice to get transportation arranged. He answered all my noob to shipping questions and concerns with a great attitude and accommodating customer service.

We had a hiccup with the initial pickup but it was something not in Rounders Logistics control and while I was freaking out and in a panic about the situation Justin calmly and quickly straightened things out and calmed my nerves... We were back on track in less than 24 hours.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate the excellent service and patience from this company and in the end I am so glad I went with a shipper rather than self recover my truck (2 batteries were dry and dead and may have exploded if I attempted to drive it home).

The transport driver was very polite, arrived exactly when he said he would for drop-off and let me take my time filling the truck with a couple of gallons of diesel and charge/jump the LMTV's batteries before unloading.

Pricing was great and better than a number of others and I have no problem recommending them to anyone who asks.

Thanks

OD
[thumbzup]

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have trust issues when paying for services of any kind - especially with my home - doubly so with my vehicles or related to my vehicles.

I also have very little experience with arranging and coordinating freight shipping. There are many companies to choose from. I remembered the post here on SteelSoldiers by Rounder's Logistics and I had played with their online shipping calculator. I was impressed with the built in selections for various 2.5 ton and 5 ton trucks. I figured who else better to use to arrange the transport of an irregularly shaped pallet with an M66 Gun Ring and support legs sticking out. Heaven knows I did NOT want anything damaged, or worse, lost.

I dealt directly with Justin. When preparing the quote, he patiently explained to me the process and "gotchas" such as how some "business" locations are still considered residential locations for pickup/delivery, and if he didn't mark it as such, likely there would be a higher charge back by the Less-than-Truck-Load (LTL) shipper which would just cost me more in the long run. There was bit of a coordination issue with the seller for him to be home whenever the LTL shipper arrived. Justin had no problems taking the reigns and talking directly to the seller in my behalf.

I provided the item description, picture reference, seller contact info and location, and my contact info and delivery location and mostly just sat back and let Justin's expertise flow like The Force. There was probably a dozen phone calls and e-mails to sort through the process. I'm HIGHLY pleased with quality of service and how much less stress it was for me.

My gun ring and all items arrived intact and zero signs of damage or mishandling, and they traveled about 1600 miles over 8 days!

Two items of note:

1. I'm sure there are reasons that I'm unaware of, but I would have preferred to just provide my payment information over the phone but instead I needed to print the .PDF file Rounders emailed to me, fill it out, sign it, scan it in, and e-mail it back (or fax it back).
  2. Rounders must not be open on the weekend, and on the following Monday morning Justin was busy with a large customer (I don't blame him) and I didn't get the paperwork for payment until Monday afternoon (EST), thus shipping wasn't scheduled until Tuesday.

But neither of these impact that I would absolutely recommend Rounders Logistics without hesitation!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words. I am glad that I (Rounders) have been able to join Steel Soldiers as a vendor and assist you all with transportation on an as needed basis. I look forward to continually assisting all of you.

Don't forget, if you cannot reach me on SS, you can always call my direct line 863-430-8290 or email me justin@rounderslogistics.com

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Do you book "Hotshot" rigs? I have an M275 that might need a ride to a new owner. Weighs less than a deuce and would fit on a gooseneck. Trip would be about 200 miles one way. Buyer would be paying the freight.

Yes Sir Wreckerman, We handle everything from:

a small pallet (LTL)
461094_1_159_0001.jpg

Full Truckload:
5128414eeef48.image.jpg

We moved this one last week from our yard near Macdill AFB - storing for a customer that had a hard time getting their machine out:
Rounders Loading an M1089

Heavy Haul:
5.jpg

If you are in a bind at any Florida base, Rounders Logistics offers Steel Soldiers members FREE storage at our secure Lakeland, FL facility (with the hope of us being able to transport your item of course).

Please reach out to me directly 863-430-8290 (direct line) anytime.

m715mike

Rounders Logistics has another satisfied customer!!! I purchased a multifuel engine from GL in Barstow, California and Rounders Logistics got it to Houston for me. I really appreciate Justin working with my schedule and finding a solution that worked for me. In this case, the engine was shipped to a terminal in Houston, which gave me the flexibility to pick it up as my schedule allowed.

Not only was the price competitive, Justin is very professional, detail oriented and focused on customer service. It seems like these qualities are getting harder to find. That's why I will be a repeat customer and why I'm happy to refer Rounders Logistics. Now I just need to find something bigger for them to haul back to Houston!!

Justin - Thanks again for all of your help on my LTL load. Now, the next time you have a Full Truckload like this>>>>

Truck Load.jpg

Feel free to send it my way!!!!!!

You got it Michael, thank you for the kind words!

Rounders Logistics has another satisfied customer!!! I purchased a multifuel engine from GL in Barstow, California and Rounders Logistics got it to Houston for me. I really appreciate Justin working with my schedule and finding a solution that worked for me. In this case, the engine was shipped to a terminal in Houston, which gave me the flexibility to pick it up as my schedule allowed.

Not only was the price competitive, Justin is very professional, detail oriented and focused on customer service. It seems like these qualities are getting harder to find. That's why I will be a repeat customer and why I'm happy to refer Rounders Logistics. Now I just need to find something bigger for them to haul back to Houston!!

Justin - Thanks again for all of your help on my LTL load. Now, the next time you have a Full Truckload like this>>>>

View attachment 604660

Feel free to send it my way!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks