• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had my M1078 weighed, and a payload capacity question

Ukraine Train

I took some scrap to the yard today and got the weight of my truck. 18,120lb with cargo cover, spare, half a tank of fuel, spare set of cargo cover frames/bows, and spare set of folding sides. I thought it would be closer to 16,000lbs.

Along those lines, I need to move an 8-9000lb lathe a couple miles. Think it's up to the challenge or am I risking breaking something?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Empty vehicle curb weight, without Kits, Crew, Fuel
16,499 lb (7,484 kg) or that's what I thought.

Ukraine Train

Took that 8700lb lathe out today. Truck didn't like it but we managed it. The suspension is really soft when weighed down; I crept around turns and it still swayed pretty good.
2015-09-24 07.41.10.jpg2015-09-24 07.55.07.jpg2015-09-24 08.09.35.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The suspensions are soft. If you watch my pull video the rear mudflaps are dragging the ground. It looks tall so your center of gravity was pretty high with it on there. I would still feel confident putting that weight in my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks