• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Start After Fuel Filter Replacement

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can see removing the glow plugs after an IP swap to help with
priming the system, but that seems a bit excessive for just a filter change.
I strongly suggest that you install a solargizer to help keep your batteries
maintained. I mounted the little solar panel right on top of the dash pad
to keep it free from dust and grime. It's been there for at least 5 years,
probably more. My batteries seem to hold up very well.

jpg

Page 187 in the TM9-2320-289-20 gives instructions on bleeding the fuel system (10 steps), similar to what Timber is describing, with additions like: taking the fuel cap off, using the bleeder valve on filter to ensure fuel flow, letting the starter rest during cranks, etc.
The TM instructions talk about bleeding the air out of the filter. Once that is done, they say "start the engine". (Easy for them to say.) I don't see any mention there of removing glow plugs, so I thought I'd ask.

Glow plugs cause so many problems, perhaps pulling them as part of the annual filter change might not be a bad idea. It would provide an opportunity to inspect them.

I'm still trying to work out my PCMS schedule. Yes, I read the TMs. I looked for a schedule in the stickies, but found none. Does the SS community do anything different from the TM PMCS schedule?