• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV fuse panel pics

aleigh

I am in the process of pulling more 12V for a garmin, radio, etc. Everyone says there are free slots in the fuse panel and that is certainly true. I thought maybe some pictures would be helpful.

You remove the panel via the phillips panhead screws along the top and the front. I want to say there were 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom but don't quite me on that. Once removed, the metal tray with the fuse panel just fulls out. Mind the wires. There is a lot of wire in the harnesses but it is bundled up. My interior had a coating of dust but I was relieved to see zero sign of water ingress and no browning on the wires from overheating.

The fuse panel is served by binding posts which you can see from the top side of the fuse panel (to the left). The binding posts feed busses in either 12V or 24V for the circuit breaker rows. Along the bottom of the fuse panel is a tag strip with what looks like the 12V bus on it. This has many open positions.

My panel also has a few free breaker positions. It seems like they are clicking in the spade connector on the end of the wire into the fuse panel, and then the fuse/breaker sits into that. If anyone knows how they lock in - do you need a plastic retainer piece or something - I'd like to know that as I would like to add new fuses in the stock manner.

Also hiding in there looks to be a wiper motor (I think maybe). It's a stowaway from a Unimog, mine is a german part. It's a big cylinder thing anyways. There's also plenty of room in there if you wanted to add your own secondary fuse panel (like a blue marine) or something. You could probably bury an smaller etc in there too depending on the size.

Bigger versions of the pics are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventioneering/albums/72157662957685819

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks