• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101/M1102/LTT-TQG any newer aluminum trailer height

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any newer Light Tactical Trailer
M1101 / M1102 / LTT-TQG / LTT-Heavy / LTT-Flatdeck / LTT-Cargo
based on HMMWV 37 X 12.50R 16.5LT Rims and Tires

With the trailer itself being perfectly level. The lunette ring height is almost 25.5 inches from the ground
trailer pintle height 1.jpgtrailer pintle height 2.jpg

Hook-ups to your towing vehicle will vary.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
1998 Dodge 2500 with slightly larger than stock tires and a adjustable receiver tube flipped over to make it a riser.

Sets the saddle height around 23.75 inches high.
pintle receiver height 1.jpgpintle receiver height 2.jpgpintle receiver height 3.jpgpintle receiver height 4.jpg

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Remember, these trailers have surge brakes. That means backing them can be a problem up a incline of any type. Backing and hitting a curb will most definitely lock the brakes, and could cause damage to your receiver riser on your tow vehicle. I am using only a slight rise on my receiver. The higher you go, the better chance of you twisting up that riser.

Going forward is not to bad of a problem. It only comes to the smaller vehicles that use a really high riser, and they have a M1102 loaded. The weight be itself could be a problem for the tow vehicle.

If your wanting to go off-roading with a LTT trailer, then you should probably look into a swivel pintle receiver.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I have not changed my trailer tires. There are threads here with information about what rims and tires fit. A simple way of lowering the ride height.

Shark Bait

Howdy,
Remember, these trailers have surge brakes. That means backing them can be a problem up a incline of any type. Backing and hitting a curb will most definitely lock the brakes, and could cause damage to your receiver riser on your tow vehicle. I am using only a slight rise on my receiver. The higher you go, the better chance of you twisting up that riser.

Going forward is not to bad of a problem. It only comes to the smaller vehicles that use a really high riser, and they have a M1102 loaded. The weight be itself could be a problem for the tow vehicle.

If your wanting to go off-roading with a LTT trailer, then you should probably look into a swivel pintle receiver.
Live pulled mine about a total of 10,000 miles with a 2500HD Duramax. Backing was never a problem for it it up hills or over curbs. I parked it ever night in a hotel parking lot where I had to back over a curb then up hill. Of course my truck weighed 8,800lbs and trailer was about 3,000-3,500. I fabbed a hitch that pulls it level.

Dave

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 16" trailer rims and trailer tires for pulling behind a 3500 Ram.
Leveled out fine, and tires are available anywhere.,
If using it with the Hmmwv, then swap out the tire/wheels.
Trailer rims have a big center hole to fit the trailer hub.
Cucv wheels dont fit due to center hole to small.
m1102a.jpg
m1102b.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks