• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mission 22 Fundraiser (Veteran Charity)

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello guys and gals,

I started a fundraising organization, with my good friend, Bill (retired Army) to raise money for Mission 22 (Veteran organization dedicated to eliminating the 22 Veteran suicides that happen ever day in America). www.mission22.com

I am running a 3 week long "rolling" fundraiser that is essentially me and a buddy driving a 5 ton (M923A2) 1700 miles, from Rexburg Idaho, to Frisco Texas with events planned at each stop along the way. Kickoff July 4 in the Rexburg Parade and Air Show.

EVENTS DATES AND CITIES (Exact times and locations will be announced this coming week)

Rexburg, ID --- July 4 Parade and Air Museum
Jackson Hole WY --- July 5 or 6 (Pending)
Salt Lake City, UT --- Saturday 9 July
Colorado Springs, CO --- Saturday 16 July
Amarillo TX --- Date and location TBA
Frisco TX --- Date and location TBA (we may have two in North Texas, Dallas and Frisco)

VOLUNTEERS!!!

We will need help. Mission 22 has a list of local volunteers for each area, but I am not sure how many we can arrange! If you would like to help, that would be fantastic! We need help with everything. Pick any area you would like to help. We want our volunteers to enjoy the event, so pick one. Flipping burgers, set up, tear down, clean up, serving food and just generally helping out.

How to Volunteer. Sign up and Show up!

First sign up on Mission 22's website to be included in their Volunteer Army http://www.mission22.com/ (halfway down on the home page) This is helpful so they can help organize the effort and how many guys/gals/kids we need.

ATTENDANCE!!!

Attendance is mandatory! Ok, maybe not mandatory, but if you want to have fun and eat some awesome burgers, you should come out!

I am looking forward to seeing any Steel Soldier come out to the events. Bring your truck, bring a trailer, bring the kids and grandpa too! We will have cookouts and raffles at each stop. We will feed as many people as possible and we will raise as much money, and awareness, as we possibly can.

SIGN THE TRUCK!!!

We have a special fundraising activity that is ongoing, from the time we start, until the second we finish, and that is the "Pay a Buck, Sign The Truck!" We have paint pens and sharpies. You can make a donation to Mission 22 (any amount you like or can afford) and write a message of support for our vets suffering from PTSD. The final product will be an incredible sight, the goal is to cover as much of the tarp as possible with silver paint pen markings from everyone we meet along the way who wants to say, "Thanks!" or "God Bless you for your service", or anything you like!

SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

Of course we have FB page and Instagram Account! Follow both to see pictures and posts and updates about the trip!

Mission 22 website: www.mission22.com
My FB page: www.facebook.com/Mission22Truck (Please, go "like" the page and ask your friends to like as well)
Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/mission22truck/

This is a brand new organization! I literally came up with the idea on Tuesday, and finalized plans with Mission 22 on Friday. I don't have a lot of time since we start our first "test run" on Friday May 13 in Rigby ID. This will be a small event, testing the waters, seeing where we need more support, what equipment and supplies we are lacking.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That first post was long. Here are the Cliff-notes Version.

I am running a charity for Mission 22 - Twenty-two veterans commit suicide every day in this country from PTSD. Mission 22's goal is to eliminate that number. My goal is to raise as much money for the cause as I possibly can.

We are having Fundraising Cookouts in the following towns:
Rexburg, ID
Rigby, ID
Jackson Hole, WY
Salt Lake City, UT
Colorado Springs, CO
Amarillo, TX
Frisco, TX

Cookout, raffles, good tunes, good people, good cause!

Follow the FB Page get updates. www.facebook.com/Mission22Truck
Watch this unfold on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mission_22/