• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV painting

dk8019

Well, she is coming along nicely, Two light passes inside and out with the typical Behr paint in my HVLP air gun after cleaning up the existing CARC.

One question, the truck had two parallel bars just behind each front wheel, painted in black. I'm not sure what they signify, and I'm wondering if I should put them back. I think I have bumper markings sorted.

2016-06-20 20.42.27.jpg2016-06-20 20.29.10.jpg

2016-06-18 10.03.00.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen a marking like that before. I have seen other "logos" there, but nothing like that.

Lawdog734

You won't see rank on a vehicle like that - occasionally on the windshield. It could be small unit level markings - we did it in the Marines (not like that though) to instantly tell who was who, etc.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Army used Rank and last name in the windshield, painted or (much more commonly) stickers. sometimes a call sign would be centered between the two windows (word on one and number on the other)

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's looking really good! I love it that MV's can be painted kinda low tech and really look great. I trust its running as good as it looks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks