• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV FMTV Heater Fan/Blower Switch Failure & Repair

f8617

The heater fan blower switch was working intermittently, so with winter coming...

Failure: Corrosion leading to poor connections and potential fire hazard...possibly due to build-up on switch of dry-rotted foam dust from sound-deadening material used in the heater compartment.

Replacement part: Four Seasons 35701 Rotary Selector Blower Switch (off Am-zon)....I could NOT source the original INDAK PN 222796, NSN 5930-01-424-5755.

Pixs:
IMG_2509.jpg IMG_2494.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2495.jpg

f8617

I forgot to add...I broke off the connector marked "C" off of the replacement part #35701.
Warning/caveat --- I was unable to confirm #35701 specifications and its compatibility with this 24v load application...so far everything works and its not smoking....perhaps I'll avoid using the fan's highest speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks