• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify headlight

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw these on National Guard hmmwv during hurricane Matthew deployment. I would like to know more about them. IMG_1026.jpgIMG_1026.jpg

ryanruck

TruckLite does make a non-heated version that is cheaper. They're dual 12/24 volt so they're easy to find.

I'm watching my DVR'd episode of Xtreme Off-Road that aired yesterday and Ian is installing them in their Rock Auto LJ build right now in fact. :D

I love mine! Way brighter than the halogens and makes driving at night a lot safer. I paid $325 for my pair.

IMG_1846.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TruckLite does make a non-heated version that is cheaper. They're dual 12/24 volt so they're easy to find.

I'm watching my DVR'd episode of Xtreme Off-Road that aired yesterday and Ian is installing them in their Rock Auto LJ build right now in fact. :D

I love mine! Way brighter than the halogens and makes driving at night a lot safer. I paid $325 for my pair.

View attachment 655728

Where did you get the brackets for the ibis tek light bar?

NV555

I have LED pair on one of my 998 and have the filament on the other.

The LED are serious bright. If you are standing 25 feet away heading directly towards the light you can not even see what is infront of you, a HMMWV could be a M 60 MBT as loud as a HMMWV diesel is and being blinded by the LED.

I was reading that the MIL is moving away from the LED headlights because they dont hold up due to the off road conditions .

snowtrac nome

good info I was thinking about an omnivolt conversion on the lmtv, now you have me wondering if I want to do it,at the cost of those things. Up here all my driving is essentially off road or dirt roads. maybe just go hellas. with h-4 bulbs

ryanruck

I have LED pair on one of my 998 and have the filament on the other.

The LED are serious bright. If you are standing 25 feet away heading directly towards the light you can not even see what is infront of you, a HMMWV could be a M 60 MBT as loud as a HMMWV diesel is and being blinded by the LED.

I was reading that the MIL is moving away from the LED headlights because they dont hold up due to the off road conditions .
Really? That would be pretty surprising hear since LEDs are more shock and vibration resistant than halogens and HIDs. You sure they aren't just moving away from the original "composite" style LEDs with multiple emitters and towards some of the newer styles out there like the Trucklites, JW Speakers, and Dialights?

snowtrac nome

could have something to do with the led elements them self, Betts lighting is the standard for fuel trucks. My last batch of lights have had a lot of led' failing seems betts used a different supplier to increase profit, the results is you get what you pay for, hope my next batch is better

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks