• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minnesota get together and camp out

Jeeperjoe

So its the start of 2017 and there is no planned events for the midwest northerners, after some deliberation with other members of the forum we have started to plan something out and lets get this condensed into one thread and get this thing planned!

Loacation: Lindstrom Minnesota 12780 347th St, Lindstrom, MN 55045, USA

Dates: June 3rd - 4th (camp overnight)
who?: military truck owners
why?: i like to think of this the same way as "why are you buying an army truck? because why the heck not?
what?: sounds like were planning at least an overnighter camp out, bonfires, little wheeling, some trails and from what Hoefler said a place to really get stuck if you want to

Anyone want to bring things for a mini swap meet as well?

Here's some drone footage cool looking place

https://youtu.be/vGMwuOEW69s

Lets work on planing this thing well call it the first annual something or other lol... Generous offer from Hoefler for use of his property for this!

Lets make sure to be respectful of the property, if you pack it in you pack it out, im not sure if there will be any facilities available at this location so plan accordingly

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

MEET UP / PLANNING APRIL 1ST 1200 NOON

NOT FOR THE ACTUAL EVENT!!!

3 votes. Famous Daves (12-1ish april 1st)

Address 3211 Northdale Blvd, Coon Rapids, MN 55448

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

The list

Heres the list, please let me know what your planning on bringing as a vehicle to i can add them to the post.

If your listed as a maybe its because you havent said "I am going"

Going
1.Hoefler
2.Jeeperjoe
3.Peashooter (maybe)
4.nchittendon (maybe)
5.GunnerUSN (maybe)
6.Isawfrizzy

Last edited:

peashooter

I'll plan on going with my M109a3 deuce, that time frame should work.

Thanks for grabbing the bull by the horns on this Jeeperjoe! Thanks for offering your property up Hoefler!

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

I'll plan on going, that time frame should work.

Thanks for grabbing the bull by the horns on this Jeeperjoe! Thanks for offering your property up Hoefler!
Gotta do something, we all love these trucks so much may as well get a bunch of them together and network... MN is a great community but awfully quiet on the boards, hoping we can remedy that lol and Hoefler offering the property is probably the most awesome thing that anyone could do... without that we wouldnt be able to plan anything!

anyone have a preference of a date in early to mid June? im thinking a Friday / Saturday or Saturday / Sunday

So that leaves options of

3/4 Fri/Sat
4/5 Sat/Sun
10/11 Fri/Sat
11/12 Sat/Sun
17/18 Fri/Sat
18/19 Sat/Sun

of course thats tentative that Hoefler allows any of those times lol

Last edited:

Gunner USN

If you Gentleman are still interested, would you like together before than and have dinner (such as Texas Road House in Coon Rapids as an example) in late March or early April?

nchittendon

Myself and some of my merry band of misfits from Wisconsin's west coast will probably try to make a meeting for food and planning. It's a long haul for my crew and I, and it's in the middle of my busy season (I captain a semi-pro paintball team that travels the country), but I would love to make a go at it!

Jeeperjoe

See post 1 for information on dates of event, PLEASE sound off for date that works for you!

See post 2, for meetup / planing information

tcruwithme

I can join everyone for the planning lunch. If it's April 1st, earlier is better for me. Famous Dave's up in Coon Rapids is fine.

If the event is on a Saturday/Sunday, I can bring my M35A2C and M105. I have frequent business travel, and that sometimes keeps me away from home on a Friday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks