• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare tire Door Mount

Rhodesia

Looking for a complete spare tire door mount for my 1953 M37, I have a spare mount on the truck bed, I want to add another one on the Door, I have seen this done on a 1953/54 models, so I'm looking for one to buy, anyone know who still has these?

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Midwest Military has some parts and Vintage Power Wagon has some parts.

Those would be the places to start your search.

Good Luck!

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You need to get a copy of MWO ORD G741-W7 it covers the adding of the spare tire to the drivers door. It gives you the instructions/parts etc.. To do it correctly you need a couple of metal items that need to be bolted and some welding is required to the inside of the door casing. I have not seen the supports in the VPW catalog you might have to give them a call to see if they can provide the parts. I suppose you could not use the supports but when I do mine I will remove the needed items from one of my parts trucks.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, if you do this mod, be sure you have the spacer plates that are installed under the front and rear springs on the left hand side. You will probably need longer U-bolts for the left side springs.

These spacers will offset the added weight of the tire and carrier and keep your truck level.

The MWO should be in the manuals section on this site, but if not PM me and I'll get either a hard or electronic copy to you.

Rhodesia

Can youhelp me in finding this ?MWO ORD G741-W7 I was not able to find it in the manuals section of this web site. Thank you
BTW, if you do this mod, be sure you have the spacer plates that are installed under the front and rear springs on the left hand side. You will probably need longer U-bolts for the left side springs.

These spacers will offset the added weight of the tire and carrier and keep your truck level.

The MWO should be in the manuals section on this site, but if not PM me and I'll get either a hard or electronic copy to you.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., I'll start looking for it tonight when I get home. I think I know where it is. We'll see if I'm right (there is always a first time!).

just me

It is time for you to buy and READ the manuals. Cover to cover. Look closely at the pictures. Most of 90% of what you want or need to know is in them. Then, when you can not find it, Use the parts manual breakdowns. Then try the internet. (What did the world do before the internet?) 5 seconds on Google and I found the MWO on Portrayal Press for $7. I found it free on another site, but you had to download a third party software. Further searching found it viewable. Stand on your own feet and LEARN about your own truck. Use search functions on multiple forums and find the answers to your questions. It makes your hobby more enjoyable if you can actually figure out things for yourself. And there is no APP for that.

Rhodesia

Not a time to be hostile I'm only asking questions I bought this as a project to restore, and yes I know how to use the internet and I know how to do things on my own. After spending 3 years in the Rhodesian Army taught me a few things in life. I thought this site was created for a reason unless I'm on the wrong web site. All I'm doing is asking questions and maybe get some ideals from other collectors on how they restored their Military vehicles, and yes that is a T55 Tank shows you how old I'am LOL

T55tank.jpg
It is time for you to buy and READ the manuals. Cover to cover. Look closely at the pictures. Most of 90% of what you want o
It is time for you to buy and READ the manuals. Cover to cover. Look closely at the pictures. Most of 90% of what you want or need to know is in them. Then, when you can not find it, Use the parts manual breakdowns. Then try the internet. (What did the world do before the internet?) 5 seconds on Google and I found the MWO on Portrayal Press for $7. I found it free on another site, but you had to download a third party software. Further searching found it viewable. Stand on your own feet and LEARN about your own truck. Use search functions on multiple forums and find the answers to your questions. It makes your hobby more enjoyable if you can actually figure out things for yourself. And there is no APP for that.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the MWO, Rhodesia. Now I'll try to scan it into my files and post a copy.

If I can't post a copy, you may have to send me your direct email because I can't add attachments to the PMs.