• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce winch question ??

CanadaDeuce

How much and what size of cable is on a Deuce front winch drum ?, also where the hook and chain lead attaches to the cable is this a special MV piece ? also any special clamps to attach to the drum ? :eek:

anyone have any hooks and chain leads ? used or NOS ? if so pls contact off line by PM

CanadaDeuce

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The termination at the end of the cable is made by http://www.esmet.com/
It is the Electroline series. I had an NOS one but recently gave it up for a friend in need. Dunno what they cost new.

sermis

RE: chain leads

I have wire rope $150 + ride for 220' I think I have a leader chain $50. I will need to check the chain size.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fiber core is for lubricating the wire. When any wire rope cable breaks under load, it's a bad deal no matter what the middle of the cable is made out of.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
emmado22 said:
The fiber core is for lubricating the wire. When any wire rope cable breaks under load, it's a bad deal no matter what the middle of the cable is made out of.
So it acts like a wick to hold the lube? Thats pretty cool.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct. One note.. When you insert the brass "conical wedge" on the clevis, you need to cut the fiber core strand out or the wedge wont seat correctly.

FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS....
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=3&pid=72

I did find it much easier to leave like 4-5 inches of strands above the point where I cut the core, and beat it in, then just trim the excess off the top, leaving it exactly was they say.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks