• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A3?

Jake0147

There was one of those here in Vergennes not long ago, but only for a couple of days. Not sure why. By the time I went back for an actual look, it was gone... :cry:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder what happened with the dude that bought one for his around the world adventure.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M36A3?

jasonjc said:
I've seen 1 or 2 on GL all ready.
You've seen the longbed versions on GL? Where were they? What condition? Man, I need to pay more attention!

jasonjc

RE: Re: RE: M36A3?

um um um it was at that one place you know.?.? OK I can't rember which base it came from , But it was an M36A3 because that was the only one I had seen, thought they were a myth. It looked to be in good shape ,driver maybe be some small stuff.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition to the increased bed length to an M35a3 the M36a3 also has a frame reinforcement which looks like a belly liner.

Andy
There are other differences. What about the driveshafts and rear wiring harness, for a couple of examples. The real point is the trucks are the same except the bed for the most part and I think that is what the guy was getting at. If he really wants more subtle differences, I can go on...heavier, different turning radius, etc.

I just got one at pineville LA .
:D
LOL, so you're the guy! Congratulations!

I watched all those auctions last week, sure got active right at the end. I even went the week before to Pineville to look at all the A3's, but ended up not bidding on any of them. Gotta say that long bed one was tempting, though.

That M36 looked like it was in pretty good shape, let us know how things go with it!

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks