• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector lines..R/R or repair?

chuck500cc

One of a hundred questions I have about my new M35A2C. I have a new leak around the injector pump and it appears to be injector line related. Do I try to do what it says in the PS mag. or do I replace? I guess it boils down to $$$. One of the lines is leaking at the injector and running down to the pump. But, the lines are leaking at the pump. BTW, all the lines are tight at the pump and injectors. How much is it to replace the lines from the injector pump to the injectors??? I do not know when the last time they were replaced.

Chuck XD Fan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just replace 'em, they aren't expensive and it sounds like you have multiple leaks. Once you replace 'em, you won't have to do it again.

You wanna' be 500 miles from home and broken down? That's how I look at Deuce maintenance.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the leaks at the fittings are not caused by cracked lines, the problem can be caused by someone over-tightening the nuts. This deforms the fitting on the end of the line to the point it will no longer seal. Good lines should only be tightened enough to stop leaking.
Regards Marti

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not uncommon for injector lines to fatigue & fail/leak. If you locate the crack, they can be welded - to "get by"! If there are several leaks, as above stated, replace the works. However, one of the things that contributes to the failure/fatigue, is the vibration. On many engine types, the Manufactures often use small bar clips to support & tie the lines together, to relieve & cancel the vibration. The little clips are sometimes a pain & in the way, but they really work!

Lee in Alaska

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes just losening and re tightening the line will stop the leak. Give that a try 1st, but, it is always good to have another set for just in case. As for the welding of the line. Might get you outa the woods, but it will break again, usually at the end of the weld. Remember, there is 15k and more going thru those lines. Also, the isolators are a must, without them, you will have leaking and broken lines constantly if you drive the truck alot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks