• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfercase Stand/Jack.....

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Transfercase Stand.....

Seen one (5) for auction but dont know what the lift height would be.
Definately need one, maybe two!!!!!
Nice job!!!!!!!!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

Swapped out the transfer case this weekend on truck I'm selling. The rig worked really well, I used a shop crane to lift the bad case off the jack and then set it on the floor of the shop, and placed the donor t-case on the jack. The whole swap took about 5-6 hours. I thought the transfer case swap was going to be a PITA, but with this setup it was really very easy.... Taking the spare tire off the truck I was able to lower the case out of the truck and pull it out on the drivers side. :D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

So that lifts high enough to reach the mounts?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Transfercase Stand.....

clinto said:
So that lifts high enough to reach the mounts?
Yessir, I've got some more pics of it under the truck, both lowered and all the way up in place. Works sweet!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Transfercase Stand.....

I'd like to try using a jack like that as a comparison. I've always used the engine crane through the pass door and a bottle jack to make minor angle adjustments.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Transfercase Stand.....

Recovry4x4 said:
I'd like to try using a jack like that as a comparison. I've always used the engine crane through the pass door and a bottle jack to make minor angle adjustments.
I didn't have to take the tunnel or anything out of the cab, all was done from underneath.

The adjusments on the jack made lining up the holes very easy. The only thing I had fab up were the pieces of angle iron used to brace the case upright.

randygk

FMJ, I did kind of the same thing. Used a regular floor jack, lifted of the bowl or support plate and fabricated a cradle of 1 inch plywood (scribed to the t-case), then bolted that to the floor jack. Worked great although weight was a little off center, so will adjust that when I go to reinstall. Your jack looks better, more stable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks