• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brake adjustment TM

TommyG45

Hey all,

I took the TM for adjusting the brakes on a deuce and modified it a bit to include the instruction with the pictures, if your like me, your always going back and forth looking at the text, then referencing the diagram, then back to the text, then to the diagram.... This way here, the text with the instructions are right with the picture of interest.

It's a powerpoint presentation, I don't know if someone can convert it to something more available. Print it out and get it dirty.

Tommy

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just printed this out and used it yesterday, very handy, Thank you.

TommyG45

Well, I was going to use it, right up untill I couldn't get the darn lug nuts off. I have a budd wrench on the way from Chip. Thanks again Chip. DM, thanks for the PDF version.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you're turning them the right direction, look for the left or right handed threads!

TommyG45

Roger that D.

I was turning correctly, It pains me to say this, I simply have to re-invent my tool collection. Darn !

Before I do anything, I read on here as much as I possibly can, prior to that though I was aware of the left and right hand threads.

What I haven't discovered though is an exploded view of the tire stud assembly, and how all this gets put together. I need to see it in a picture to really understand. Best case would be just to do it, but I haven't gotten it to that point yet do to the 1/2 inch sissy tools I own.

I am going to keep searching the TMs.

Tommy

last time I readjusted the brakes I turned the cam adjustment until the drum started to drag, but I backed off again until there was positively no drag (unlike stated in the last step in Tommys instructions) on the drum. I thought it might be better because there will be no heat from friction until the slight drag wears down the brake linen. I also figured that a little play in the wheel cylinder keeps it from freezing.
How do you guys handle this?

Regards,
Mark

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not me. If my brakes need adjustment, I like to look them over first, repack the wheel bearings, and set the preload on them, then adjust the break shoes, then put the tire back on. You can make the adjustments all by "feel" without removing anything, but I don't recommend it.

peashooter

Just used this yesterday, Thanks! I know this thread is old, but it was a smart idea to group the instructions with the figures in powerpoint & PDF like you did. Made the job easy to print out and follow. I wish we had more of the common fixes and adjustments put together. Bump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks