• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb Question - how to flush cooling system on M1008...?

HikerLT

This may sound like a stupid Newbie Question, but I have searched on this topic with no results.

Question :

How do you “flush” a radiator, and water cooling system, and cab heater core on a M1008 CUCV. ?

I get no heat from my heater ( The fan works OK)....and suspect the coling system may be full of crap. How do I tell if that is the problem, or if it is due to a malfunctioning thermostat ?

maritimer

well if its just the heater core you want to fluch i will tell you how i do mine,
disconnect both sides of the heater core and cut the end of a garden hose off* the male end not the female end* and hook it to the inlet side of the heater core and turn the hose on. if theres a blockage it should flush it out. keep in mind your milage may vary and if you rupture your core its not my fault lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks