• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer recalibration?

poppop

I don't think its the cable itself. You have to change the drive gear that turns the cable, but I don't know if thats possible on these trucks.

Barrman

There is a little gear box on the t-case where the cable screws in. Each tire size 9.00 and 11.00 had a respective gear box.

I do not know about making the speedo correct with the really big tires though.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I am currently running 11.00x20 and that is the size that I need to calibrate for. Does anyone know where i can get the part/parts needed?
I suppose being that the stock 9.00 are 39", and the 11.00 are 43" so when my speedometer reads 50mph, I am really going 55mph. It would still be nice to just have a corrected speedometer.

KsM715

you can get a speedo adapter from a m34 but they are hard to find that would put your speedo right since they had 11.oos on em stock
Forgive me cause I dont know what a M34 is, but does it have the same gear ratio in the axles as a m35 because that would affect the speedo to.

tm america

its a deuce that came with single 11.oos on it same gear ratio they only made one axle ratio for the deuce 6.72 to 1 the speedo adapter has a different ratio for the 11.00s which are almost three inches taller than the 9.00s

SasquatchSanta

I think Stewart Warner makes little adapter gear boxes the fits on the back of the speedo. It screws into the speedo and the cable screws into it. I also think they are a series 666 or 777 --- not sure which one.

I've been meaning to look into this with me Car Quest dealer. With the 395X85R20s my speedo of off about 15%.

tm america

call boyce tell em what youre running they have the ratios for the different adapters i have one from a five ton my speedo is right with the 15.5s they are the same height as the 395s easy fix on the transfer case in place of the stock speedo adapter

FreightTrain

Banned
Saturn has them for $28.50 each.Page 5 of the M35 list.5 ton speedo adapter.

Edit-Just placed an order for one.Lets see if it is the right one!

Last edited:

dabtl

I got 14 new 11:00x20 NDCC for V V A 920 to put on their deuce. I figured the five ton drive would work to recalibrate the speedo. Thanks for the confirmation Bjorn!:-D

Now, where you come up with all these parts lists is still a mystery to me, but you readily share your knowledge with us.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, I will order a 5T for my deuce Monday. I did not want to order one until I knew if it would work or not.
Thanks.

tm america

call boyce to find out the one you need before ordering it from saturn cuz there are different ones for the 5 ton there are different tires sizes and gear ratios i think they came with a 6.44 or a 6.17 11.00s or 14.00s so boyce has the ratios tell em what you have they will let you know what you need then you can price shop once you have the part number

tm america

i dont think the nsn gives a ratio its on the part itself the one i needed over drives the speedo by 15% over stock boyce can tell you the ratio of the different one availible the you can figure out which one you need just figure out what % bigger the tire is that you are running that is the % you will need to overdrive the speedo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks