• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fired up the M135 today

hmburner

Due to the current economic situation this country is in,I now have the time and money to work on my duece. A fellow member emailed me about my power steering conversion (which i later decided against due to my KISS principle) and my email has decided it cant send him the file,so i will try it here for all to view. This is my M135/Detroit deisel conversion i have been working on the last three years. I just finished the wiring and installation of my new LED tailights this afternoon. Since this truck will become my daily driver,I have this thing about being seen at night. She is a little loud at the moment,since im still working on the custom exaust system

Bill

Attachments

hmburner

I am using the stock t case and the tranny is a four speed something that came from the donor truck (Frito Lay ford delivery van) Next weeks project is to build a dog house cover out of checker plate. That should really test my fitup skills

Bill

hmburner

I went with a manual transmission because the original auto was too long. Instead of moving the t-case back i decided to go with the stick. The other reason is that the original auto was unknown as to what condition it was in,and since this will be my daily driver reliability is number one. I have had it out for a drive on the back roads and it has all kinds of torque till i get to high gear,it is still accellerating but is now under a noticeable load. It goes fast enough to keep up with traffic and im sure this will be the last set of wheels i will ever have to buy

Bill

nattieleather

When you say original you mean the one that came in the M135 or the one that was on the motor? I would have gone with an Alison out of a school bus or something like that. I am in no way critizing your work and I think it is very well done and I'm very impressed, just picking your brain.... :)

hmburner

Original as in the 135 auto. I changed to stick because im a gear jammer at heart and I really liked how it shifted. I got a chance to drive the Frito Lay truck the engine came out of ,and was impressed by the low end torque,so i decided not to change a good thing. I really wanted to put a brownie auxilary tranms in too,but there just wasnt enough room. That way i would have had a twin sticker and really make that little Detroit snort

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks