• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce clutch disk pucks

GoHot229

I see that the Duce clutch has 4 pucks, is there a complete circular disk that the Duce uses? It would seem that a clutch disc such as the type typically seen in most domestic aplications ie. continous disc material, rather than the 4 seperate pucks would be a much longer lasting and stronger type unit. Is this available or is there a reason for the 4 puck and not a continuous disc? I see ilustrations in the TM's and wonder if the comtinuous type might over-stress or what?

Westech

CPL
well really the "pad" type are stronger and last longer then the full disk type in heavy trucks. The pads don't slip as much because there are only 4 small points of contact there is more PSI holding then to the fly wheel.

JDToumanian

I've seen two standard clutches for a deuce - one with 5 pads and a newer style with 6...... Never seen 4.....

I also took apart a clutch that had a civi style 'full-round' clutch disk.... It was badly worn and the flywheel was blue from the heat and full of stress cracks. I suppose that could happen to any worn out clutch that is kept in service. At any rate, a civi style clutch is out there if you wanted it. I wouldn't, I'd get the newer style 6 pad disk and corresponding 3 finger pressure plate.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks