• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed deuce

wsucougarx

. It just sickens me that every numbnuts four-wheeler out there thinks that removing one of the axles of a Deuce is totally awesome. What happened to Jeeps with Rockwells??
:ditto: Thinking about it more, it sickens me to think that someone will tear down a completely good running deuce for the axles...:roll:.

mudguppy

you're right 'cougar. but on this site, you're wrong on both accounts - a deuce in stock configuration is the only exceptable version of a deuce. especially in the "hotrodding and modification" forum... :roll:

Jim - i think that chop looks mean!! :twisted: truck turned out pretty nice, i think.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
"Can't we all just get along".:-D

To me this hobby is like the antique car genre.

You have the purist who wants a perfectly restored 57 Chevy just like it came off the showroom floor and then you have the guy that wants the "resto mod" version with the modern engine, drive train, AC, etc.

There is room for all of us and we just have to agree to disagree on our trucks and intent to use them.

There were enough deuces made so that there is little danger of "original" deuces becoming extinct.

I like all types....restored, modified and hot rod. As long as the trucks are not going to the scrapper I am fine with what another member does with his vehicles.....unless it is a rare version (pipeline, tanker, firetruck, etc).

To quote my old buddy Jack......"I'm plucking this chicken....you just stand back and watch the feathers fly".:mrgreen:

IMA944T

What wheels and tires did you use and how tall are the tires? Have you drove it on the highway yet and did it help top speed without hurting take off in 1st and 2nd.

wsucougarx

you're right 'cougar. but on this site, you're wrong on both accounts - a deuce in stock configuration is the only exceptable version of a deuce. especially in the "hotrodding and modification" forum... :roll:

Jim - i think that chop looks mean!! :twisted: truck turned out pretty nice, i think.
Both accounts? I believe I only made one and it was in reference to tearing down a deuce just for the axles.

bigearslgc

P.S. Caveman, no disrespect to you. I love your trucks, they look good. It just sickens me that every numbnuts four-wheeler out there thinks that removing one of the axles of a Deuce is totally awesome. What happened to Jeeps with Rockwells??
i dont know alot about these trucks, so i have no right to put my 2 cents in, i have had a few guy to tell me, when you remove that rear axle, and chop off the end of the frame, that it increases the offroad capability x2. really does a lot better when you add 53 in. tires. is this so? or not.

posts like this reduce the credibility of your signature.

that truck has obviously had a lot more done to it than a standard "bob"

WHICH is why I added my second post. Caveman's work is great. He obviously did more than hack off an axle and throw some trailer springs under it. To me there is in fact a difference between a "custom" (which I applaud) and a "hack job" (which includes no originality, thought, or skill)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks