• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Security

panzerjunky

Hello and thanks for your help on my last post
My truck will be in transit soon and seeing that I live in San Diego Ca. I was wondering what some of you M35 owners were doing about Security. I think I remember when I was in the army there was a stout length of chain around the steering coulmn and the clutch pedal. I was thinking more of a hidden kill switch off the AUX button that way i think it will still turn over just not start. Does this sound doable. Also Not to sound like a tard but who or what is carnac and how do I make commo.

wsucougarx

Hey Panzer, I can tell you this about deuce security. My '86 actually came from San Diego. This thing had a keyed ignition, a transfer case lever lockout bracket (bracket bolted to floor board, padlock inserted through hole in transfer case lever and locked it into neutral), it also had a lock out for the fuel shut off lever in the cab, and a cable lock for the fuel tank cap. What in the world is going on down in SD to warrant all of these measures?:wink:

wsucougarx

Other ideas is to have a battery shut-off switch somewhere in the truck, lock to hold parking brake on, lock to hold accelerator pedal in up position along w/throttle lock. The skies the limit as far as what measures to take.

scooter01922

Here is the solution that Ethan (RIP) came up with. I have been doing the same thing since i got the truck. Haven't taken a pic of it myself but i found this in the pics that he sent me when i was looking at buying the truck. 7 foot cable lock and the correct application with a padlock make it impossible to physically open the door.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
A german sheppard, black lab, gun by the bed, a lock on the kill switch and a chain and lock on the steering wheel works for me, and I live in the country. I kile what Scooter has and may add that as well. Paranoia is a good thing!!!

Pawnshop

Hey Panzer, I can tell you this about deuce security. My '86 actually came from San Diego. This thing had a keyed ignition, a transfer case lever lockout bracket (bracket bolted to floor board, padlock inserted through hole in transfer case lever and locked it into neutral), it also had a lock out for the fuel shut off lever in the cab, and a cable lock for the fuel tank cap. What in the world is going on down in SD to warrant all of these measures?:wink:
One word......MEXICO!

airmech3839

I think there is a spot on steering linkage for a padlock but my memory is fuzzy and I may be thinking of another truck! We used to always have chains and locks thru steering wheel and pedal! :p

avengeusa

I think there is a spot on steering linkage for a padlock but my memory is fuzzy and I may be thinking of another truck! We used to always have chains and locks thru steering wheel and pedal! :p
I love and use the steering wheel chain...... with lock