• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 brakes

Rocco

im having problems with my brakes. when i push them sometimes the pedal is stiff and doesnt brake at all. then just a few minutes later they start working again. also is the brake fluid for my 1968 kaiser regular or silicone brake fluid? My air and fluid are both fine and visually everthing seems to be in order....and ideas?
Thanks
Rocco.

marksgarage2

Hello Rocco. I had the same problem a few months ago. It was the airpack. I bought a new one, but you can also clean and rebuild yours cheaper. Hope this helps.

Loose Deuce

Mine was also doing the same thing and I put some of that impac wrench oil in the back where that small pipe plug is located and mine has been good ever since. I really should break mine down and rebuild it just to be on the safe side. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's how you tell. Remove some brake fluid and put it in a small clear container. Add just a drop or two of water. If it mixes, it's DOT 3 and it will not mix at all, it's DOT 5 silicone also called BFS.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, just taste a bit on your tongue. If it is like olive oil, it is silicone DOT 5. If it DOT 3 or 4, it will be strong and yucky.

dg

Dont forget to spit afterwards. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks