• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The CUCV in Showtime's Jeremiah

Buckmaw

Looks like it had no rear window also. Would be covered with canvas with a plastic window. Troop seats in it also.

Pretty slick looking setup if you ask me...

If you have never watch it, and you are into TEOTW type stuff, its pretty good.

Attachments

TOG 5

Seen a few Canadian M1009's and M1008's, not normal mod's for them or any one else I'm aware of, thinking its TV.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's got a 76 grill. 76 would have had the external hubs on the 3/4 ton and this one has the external hubs with drive flanges. The truck is certainly a 75 or 76.

Those are our now replaced Canadian 1976 Chevrolet 5/4 Ton pickup trucks. They reinforced the frame of the CK200 by incorporating some technology of the CK300 frame according to GM so the vehicle would have the 1-1/4 Ton rating. Basicly GM's first standard commercial regular production pickup consisting of RPO's and accesories designed for a military application. Full time 4x4 NP203 Transfer Case, TH350 Transmission, 350c.i.d. motor, Dana 44 Front axle and 14 Bolt/Posi-Trac Corporate rear with 4.56 gears. 24Volt system piggybacked onto the 12Volt factory harness for powering the military equipment. Gas Southwind 978 rear heaters in troop cargo seat area and for the van body ambulance, radio truck variants. 2848 purchased aside from the original handful of test trucks. Wheel winch adapters, arctic assist start kit, front mounted electric winch and front mounted pintle hook were a few of the ancillary equipment. Four tie downs were added to the strengthened frame rails for rail shipment. These pics came from one on e-bay not to long ago. As you see it was what it would have looked like at the end of there long service life, minus the British Columbia plate. The black and white shots are from in-service period. I've always had a soft spot for them, and wanted this one but it went to a guy in Washington state. Really an early gas powered CUCV. Cheers.

Attachments

POOR WHITE BOY

That the one . I have seen 2 or 3 of them for sale on e bay over the years. They all had bucket seats them too. I never seen them support rods over the engine . Look like they are oem /military issue.

trucknut

76 chevy

I have one of the 76 chevrolet 5/4 and am in the process of restoring it. Unfortantely mine had an ambulance body and they were reused on the lsvw. In many ways these trucks were the preecessor of the cucv

kentuckycucv

I was flipping channels and caught the glimpse of that truck and started watching the show. This truck looked to me like a movie prop starting with a m008 and a lot of add ons. Later episodes show 1008s and 1009s. I thought it was a good show concept.Post epocolyptic movies are my Fav.... I think the cucv is a great practicle survivalist vehicle. I run mine on soybean oil. No electronicss to go out with an Electro Magnetic Pulse from a nuke and with your help they are pretty easy to fix. I do like the exterior cage around the vehicle. I always thought that would be a great Idea for bouncing around in the woods.... Wall to wall Nerf bars .

Somemedic

What about just an older Blazer? That would explain the canvas over the cab.

Id love to pull the back seat out of my blazer and drop those troop jump seats in. Bet I could carry more kids too.

Does anybody no what kind of tires : Brand name and style are on the truck in the photo ? Look in the 1st and 2nd photos . Can they still be purchased ?
I can't say for sure the model/name of the tires, but they are a Firestone brand 9.50" x 16.5" 10-ply, load range E. I can have a look Monday at a truck to confirm the name.
They all had bucket seats them too. I never seen them support rods over the engine . Look like they are oem/military issue.
The trucks left the factory with bucket seats, but as time went on a modification instruction came out that certain trucks would get the bench seat installed. The fender braces also came from the factory and were designed to help support the fenders due to the weight of the extra 24 volt components incorporated to the original 12 volt electrical system components. Extra hood bracing was also a modification. The likelihood of severe off road use would possibly buckle the fenders so the designers opted to put extra bracing under the hood.

trucknut

eilone, nice photos. As I said my truck had a ambulance or communications body on it. The buckets were taken out and a bench seat installed. The upper rifle brackets were cut off but the bottom ones were left on the floor. To handle the weight the rear spring pack has ten leaves plus a two inch block. Have you (or anyone ready this thread) seen or heard of a manual for these Canadian trucks?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks