• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra storage

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like:!: Could you hang 2 on that side? one under that one and remove the spare tire mount?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I felt the need to say something, since this appears to be a mini-haspin gathering.

With that said, looks fine to me. Can you even fit a 395 spare tire on the carrier?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The boxes ARE mounted upside down from their intended mounting position. They are from a "sixcon water pump module" nsn 4320-01-318-1853 according to the book that was inside the boxes. the metal box is solid aside from the access door, not sure what you mean by "lid". NO, no 395 spare will hang there. Thinking of using an 1100r20 till I figure where I want to put the 7th 395.

gimpyrobb

Shouldn't. The door that opens is behind the pin that the drop sides pivot on. I will be transferring the mudflap bump stops to the box, just in case.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like it Gimp :-D

I'd like to have a little slimline toolbox t hang above the fuel tank. I measured it and looked for something commercial, but no one makes anything (that I could find at least) to fit int here.

Westech

CPL
You know what would work well... and maybe this already has it, but a chain or something on the lid so if wanted you could make it lay flat. Make it work as a table or little work bench, but able to unhook it so it would swing all the way down.. just a thought.

oilcan

I think you could stick the second box under that one, then shift it forward toward the cab to stay clear of the tire.
You might try cramming the other box on the other side and cutting an access door in the bottom for fuel pump fuse replacement. It would add unnessecary complications, but you could relocate the fuse. Also, keep the box mounting system simple in case the pump needs to come out for service.

Are you using your troop seats as stadium seating? Watch that first step!

gimpyrobb

Pulling the tank to get to the pump is what I have to do on the 109, so I will be used to it. The boxes line up with the old mudflap mount, so no real NEED to scoot it forward if I were to put it under the first one. But as I said before, I want to keep my spare tire. I will try mounting the other one above the fuel tank and see how it fits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks