• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465-1C vs LDS-465 Multifuels

Divemaster920

Banned
It is my understanding that the T is for Turbo....and the white 2-155 farm tractor engine (except the pistons) is the same engine.

Are you more confused now?

I do not know the answer.

Someone that "knows" will answer soon.

Good Luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Refer to PS-28 http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=322 for what the letters stand for. According to the PS article. L=Liquid Cooled. D= Diesel and S= Supercharged. At the time the article was written, the LDT's hadn't come into existance. Since the LD was naturally aspirated one could only assume that since the S= Supercharged the new T would = Turbocharged. Westy, perhaps you are thinking of the TD blocks which have the thick decks and subsequently higher bolt torque values

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Head gasket problems are more related to the gaskets themselves. The latest gaskets have the fire ring built into the gasket and the older ones don't. Nobody is producing the newer ones as there is a surplus of the older ones. The new gaskets are getting expensive and harder to find.

stumps

I recall that the 130HP LDT, and the 170HP LDS ratings are NET, and the 140HP LDT, and 210HP LDS are Gross HP ratings.

-Chuck

AMGeneral

Depending on application the numbers are as follows,as far as the manual says,the basic differences are 4 piston rings for the LD/LDT vs 5 for the LDS
plus injectors/injection pump settings.

LDS 427-2
427 ci,140hp and 350ft/lbs tq

LD 465-1
478 ci,125 hp and 305 ft/lbs tq

LDT 465-1C/1D
478 ci,130hp and 330 ft/lbs tq

LDS 465-1A
478ci,175hp and425 ft/lbs tq

LDS 465-2
478ci,195hp and 425 ft/lbs tq

Last edited:

bobbed818

Thanks for the info. I lucked into a m52a2 on a trade for some work. I've got about $250 in it. It runs and drives but the brakes don't work. I haven't checked to see which model multifuel it has. I wondered about the hp but this shoud answer my question.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have an lds piston in a sleeve I could measure tomorrow. You just want the inside dimention of the can? I will not pull the piston out for fear of needing a ring compressor to get it back in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have seen stickers on motors stating "duece pistons installed, reduced power motor". I have yet to take one of each apart and compare the two, so I cannot say for sure.

tm america

hmm i,d like to see what the differences are in the pistons since i know some of the ld blocks were used in the deuces.i thought the lds used in the deuce just had the fuel rate turned down