• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case mountings M35

davemccoull

I have just aquired an air shift transfer case minus the mounting bars. i want this to replace my "sprag" box, but i notice on the air shift box the mounting bar between chassis members is turned 90 degrees.
Can i use the sprag mounting on the air shift box, i bet Gringletube knows!
Thanks Fellas

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35 TC support

Dave, wonder why this came out in the CUCV section???
May be somebody can move this to the deuces???

The air shifts came with two different support styles on the drivers side, don't know the reason. The most common is for the "flat" bar. See pictures below. Both systems are not interchangeable, the supports riveted on the crossmembers are different, so you must keep all the parts you have on the sprag TC. Just swap both supports, bolt pattern on the case housing is the same. Use Loctite 271 on bolts and studs, they tend to become loose.

Gerhard

Attachments

davemccoull

Transfer case mountings

Gerhard youre a star, i knew you,de have the answers. i,ve studied both cases, and thought i would be able to use the original mounts, as my air shift case has no mounts on at all, but thought i would get advice of the "master". The sprag type mount looks stronger anyway!.
Sorry for posting in wrong section. once more thanks again, don,t know how we,d manage without you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of all the deuces I've had and chopped up, I just found that difference the other day. Unfortunatly I didn't find it until I chopped one of the mounts in half. Now I know too!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the "title", Dave. Good you don't know how little I know! :)
We all have to learn a lot and this sure is a great site to find good info fast and share experiences with others! Remember that saying?: If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we’d all be millionaires! :wink:

All the best!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gerhard,
WE ARE ALL MILLIONAIRES HERE. At least in the currency that really counts.

All those rich people have no idea what it's like to have true friends like we do here.

And I'd like to add my thanks to the rest. And I concur about your 'master' title.

Dude, just the one post on upgrading the deuce to power steering made you that in my eyes. When I get it done, I'll post the final installation and hope that it will just come close to the work you've done.

thx.

jim

davemccoull

Transfer case mounts M35

Gerhard
After seeing some of your posts and the info, you provide in great detail,i would go so far as to call you the "Grand Master"
Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks