• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my first M35A2

Trails

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this site for a long time, but just recently went out and bought a deuce. Specifically, I'm the guy who bought FMJ's deuce. The machine was priced fairly and represented correctly. FMJ really went out of his way to make sure I knew how to handle any eventuality that occurred on my ~250 mile drive home, going so far as to give me some tools for basic maintenance. My drive went without a hitch and so far I'm very happy with my purchase. FMJ did a great job on the truck cosmetically and mechanically. All gauges stayed within nominal range for the duration of my drive. The thing that really surprised me was the state of the pneumatic system; I drove it to work this morning and parked it with 120 PSI, 12 hours later it had only bled down to 90. She cold starts within two seconds of pushing the button. Did I mention that FMJ did a good job?

I guess since I'll be contributing more to this forum an introduction is in order. I'm a prototype machinist who likes all things mechanical. I like the singularity of purpose exhibited by military vehicles. I also enjoy bantamweight cars and mechanical watches. On the other end of the spectrum, I build liquid submerged computers and other high tech gadgets. Electricity is mechanical in it's own right, and manipulating it is enjoyable to me.

Trails

Pics will be forthcoming once the sun decides to cooperate. It's pretty gray around here lately.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Paul,

Glad you are happy!, if you have ANY problems let me know and I will do my best to help you out!

Ed

Trails

Alright, so I go to work when it's dark out and come home when it's dark out. This seriously cramps my ability to take pictures. However, I played hookey yesterday and took the beast out on some local trails. What a capable machine. Here's a few pictures a friend snapped while I was out playing in the sand. No action shots though, he wanted to be in the cab if I was about to do something fun. :grin: Thumbs on the OUTSIDE of the wheel!

I'm still quite impressed with this truck; she started right up in the 15 degree weather we had about a week ago without needing the manifold heater.

Attachments

Trails

I'm located in Rio Rancho, on the very northern edge of Albuquerque. Any local groups I should get in contact with?

Trails

Great! Sent them an email. Turns out their next meeting is in 2 days. It'll be nice to meet some like minded locals. Thanks for the info.