• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle not engaging

gunit

my front axle is not engaging when going forward but does in reverse. i rebuilt the engagement cylinder on TC, no air leaks and can hear the cylinder trying to engage the TC. is it the sprag or maybe something else. is thier some adjustmet that has to be made. does anybody know where i can buy some sprags at a reasonable price.

atvcat33

i had a simular issue, would work in reverse but would slam into 6x6 at low speeds, and never would actually go, i think the sprage is good it something messed up in the axle, i never found out the issue, i just pulled the driveshaft and said screw it till i have time to open up the front axle and look, when it did slam it woul only engage on one side and pull the wheel a little and release just as fast as it slammed, after 4th never would act up, i have no clue, but i wish they would of kept the air swicth style common on the duece.

bp

gunit

wanting to get into the rearends anyway. i dont think it has lockers. if not it will and would like to put more gear in them cause its got the super singles on it. they are about 53"s tall

jatonka

On a 5 ton, more than likely, it is the air valve on the right top side of your transmision. It screws up. Then, no engagement in one direction r the other. The 5 ton sprag is big and tough, usually doesn't break. If your axle is screwed up, it would do it all the time, not only in certain gears, right? JT out

gunit

when i put it in reverse i hear air exhaust for a second but not when in a forward gear . the valve for the forward gears seems to be the rear one on the tranny. i undid the air line for that valve, it lets air threw when in forward gear and not when in reverse. works the same with other valve when in reverse . is thier a trouble shooting method for this problem

FM5332FF

Any more info on this subject ? Im wondering the same, Mine engages in Reverse but it seems to not be engaging in the forward gears.:lost:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks