• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Army Truck- Magazine Project Stolen

fcfred

On Thursday and Friday January 7th and 8th my project Army truck was stolen from a parking lot in Sun Valley, California. It was likely towed away as it is not currently in running condition.

It is a 1986 Chevy one ton truck, diesel engine, manual transmission, on 37-inch BF Goodrich mud terrain KM2 Tires. California license number 7A69881

If you know anything or have any information about this or if someone has tried to sell you some parts from this truck in the southern California area please contact me at Fred.williams@4wheeloffroad.com or call and leave a message at 310-531-9064.

Thank you

If I find them, you're all invited to the beatings.

Attachments

REGULATOR

If you have the resources, set a trap,

set another truck out in the same area.. only this time put some GPS trackers in the tires and the frame of the truck, maybe a hidden video camera in another less attractive vehicle parked nearby...

shoot even just a cell phoen with child tracker would work.

would make a great story, track down the thief, BUT call the cops, don't get yourself in trouble by just beating them senseless..

now obviously you have the right to self defense if attacked.... :)

of course I'm devious...

fcfred

topgun217

That sucks! I'd try searching Craigslist and autotrader on-line. Being a leo, I've had success locating stolen auto parts on craigslist. Sometime the local theives aren't so smart and post items for sale. Go check out where the property is located and if its yours notify l/e and let the authorites do their voo-doo. Chances are there are more stolen parts where you fnd yours. It helps alot if you have your last 4 digits of your ssn or other marks on your property to tell l/e, that way if an items is in ?, they can look for your descriptor.

Good luck, chances are though that your truck shell will be found w/o tires, seats, radio, and glass those are the big ticket items.

Again sorry about your truck!

Last edited:

raiburn

They probably stole it so you won't put it in the mag anymore. I bought mine before you started it as a project. Since then the prices on these trucks have skyrocketed! Serves you right! Just kidding... CUCV owner, and subscription holder, Joe.

btw, you changed the locks,...right?

burbn10

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that Fred. Your Operation Army Truck article is what convinced me to get my M1008! I've based my entire build on your truck. Best of luck to you! Hope you get it back soon.

jimm1009

stolen truck

I wonder if posting the actual VIN in Craigslist and E-bay customer service departments may help. If they see it come up as an ad on their website they could call it in to the local authorities perhaps.

I think that the Texas law about horse stealing should also apply to a man's truck. When you find them you take them out back far away to not scare the horse and then induce lead poisening.

jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks