• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How low can an M925 get?

wehring

All right RKIs I need to know the height of an M925 with 1100 tires with the top removed, windshield down and side rails off.

Anyone??

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
85.5 inches to the top of the steering wheel according to TM43-0001-31 (lowest reducible height). Finally some pictures!! Mahalo! Do you get a lei with the truck? Have you been swept away by the flood in AZ?

wehring

Thanks

This **** rain....

Schools have been closed, streets flooded and junk yards are muddy. Though, I did tuff out the mud to buy three 50' slave cables and a level winder for a 5 ton winch. Rubber boots live in my jeep.

Thanks for the measurement. I looked but I guess not in the right spot. Is that with the 1100s or 1400s?

No leis with the truck but my network is working overtime in HI. Getting ready for the chaos of getting it off base, papered, height reduced, batteries changed and loaded for the trip.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dimension is with 11:00-20 NDCC's. You have the Firestone T831s I think which are close. Are you going with RORO, hicube container or flat rack?

wehring

shipping

I don't know. I have no idea what I am doing (literally) so I am learning on the fly. I got a quote for RORO assuming that it would be the cheapest option.

My rough calculations tell me that I will save ~$1K by reducing the height.

I was happy to see the radials. I will put these on the M931 and the 1400s from the M931 on this truck.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet truck - congrats!

Too bad you didn't get lei'd with it :confused:

Glad to here you didn't consider driving her home. I didn't notice a fording kit.

I'd be curious to know a ballpark figure on your shipping expenses when you get to that point. I'm considering some Hawaiian (sp?) purchases myself. Your experience can help me guage the credibility of the quotes I've gotten.

Best of luck to ya!

wehring

freight

My first quote was $4384 to Long Beach. With reducing the truck I calculate about $3033 or a savings of $1351.

I have a set of 1400s with wheels waiting on me in Escondido, CA. I will change out the tires/wheels before the long trip to Houston. I figurs a +8 mph gain with the 1400s at the same rpm.

Still working the paperwork drama. My guys are checking to see if a bill of sale is acceptable for shipping an "off road only" vehicle. HI requires current registration for any vehicle to be shipped out of their state. I month (conservative) will be added to this evolution if I need to wait till I get a title and register it before shipping it.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm close to Escondido if you need any help. Not too far from Long Beach either.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to hear what the final tally for truck and shipping is. I contend the truck could have been purchased stateside for the same amount, but with less hassle. If you want help getting it out of there, a friend I know can assist...but he charges a fee...even to me.

wehring

thanks

Thanks DUG. I will never turn down help. I will keep you posted but I don't expect to see it before 2-3 months. I brought a diesel land cruiser in from New Zealand... got it here but it was drama.

Good point Rizzo.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. My goal is under $10K total. Right now I am looking at ~$7K plus some minor costs (tickets from Maui to big island, batteries, etc)

Dave V wants $18K for his M923 w/o winch and the big guys (clark, etc) want $20K-$25K for the M925s. These are the only prices I could find. What do you see M925s selling for?

I don't mind drama and work so this should be a good adventure.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am close to Long Beach...about 25 minutes away...used to work in downtown LB, just east of the port, 'til last Friday. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help with pick up and getting out of town.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin, I was referring to auction prices. Sure, you are definitely saving over retail, but, as you know as well as anyone, there are risks associated with buying from an auction and that is why you are saving money. I can't remember the last one I saw stateside to be truthful. I know there were two M923s (one was an A1) in VA within the last six months that brought around $8K each. They were clean trucks, although non-winch. I know there was at least one M925 in Utah, but I think that brought a lot of money...if I remember correctly it was in the $13-14K range.

$7K, if I understood you, is about what I would have expected to get your truck out with all of the associated fees. I paid less, but that was nine years ago. $10K will definitely be a reasonable deal for the truck. Regardless of whether or not you could have gotten a truck here for that amount (see above on the M923s), at least you got it! Good luck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This ol girl sold at Ft Sam for $2950 on 4/2/09, event 4160 lot 7100. I missed it by 50 bucks. It was a runner. I am not convinced the 900 series trucks are worth astronomical amounts, but then again I am as cheap as they come . . .

Attachments

wehring

Mean...

Now for a fellow Texas that was just mean!:) $3k was a steal this close to us.

Yes, Bruce... I am buying blind. My only buffer is that I have a donor truck available if needed. If the M925 gets here and it is good-to-go then I will try to also rebuild the M931A2. If not... then it gets an 8.3

Myothersanm1,

Help 25 miles away is a big comfort. Anything can (and probably will) go wrong. Please coantact me off-line with your info as I am putting together a trip folder for this recovery.

Justin

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The M939 truck runs 11.00-20 NDTs or 11.00R20 Michelin XL radials. The M939A1/A2 trucks run the 14.00R20 Michelin or Goodyear radials.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks