• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cylinder head wrench

davemccoull

If any of you guys has the special wrench for torquing the head nuts under the injectors, if possible could you post a sketch with dimensions so i can fabricate one from ring spanner (i know it,s 7/8 A.F.). I,d like to buy one,but they seem hard to get hold of, plus some dealers over there can,t ship to U.K.

Gatnom

I think Jeds dimensions are good. Unfortunately, I think that the wrenches are made up of good tool steel, at least 1070 or 1095 and heat treated. If you make one up out of mild steel, I'd be suprised if it does not twist up as soon as you put the torque to it. Dave

davemccoull

Thanks guys for all your help, Red Devils dude dimensions were just what i needed. I know i.ll have to use a lot beefier material to make one, i just needed basic shape and sizes. Thanks again.

houdel

Anyone out there can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read in one of the -20 or -34 TMs the special tool is only needed for the head bolts which are underneath the rocker arm shaft with the rocker arm shaft installed. I THINK if you remove the rocker arm shaft, you can torque those bolts without using a special tool. Removing the rocker arm shafts might be easier than fabbing up a special tool.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I strtaed to post how I made one last night then a tranformer blew and it was total darkness. Long story short, I cut the box end off a 15/16" wrench leaving about 1/2" on. Then I welded a 10" long 1/2" drive extension on the box end of the wrench at about a 70 degree angle. I had to grind down the outer circumfrence of the box end just a bit for clearance but it works perfectly and only cost me 10 bucks for the extention I had to buy. I would post pics but my camera is jacked up again. The wrench is needed for the head nut under the injectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks