• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will the rims and tires of a hummer fit on an m1008

deuce_09

ooo... when u said mod i thought u meant the hub wouldn't fit through the hole or something serious...

do u have a pic of one with those tires on it?

The G Man

83 just flip them and they worked? Looks like you have lift there also? The brush guard rocks...I can get muddy to save alot of money if I need to air them up.

Post some more pics

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flipping a nut centered rim, is TOTALLY UNSAFE. DO NOT DO THAT.

Westech

CPL
83 just flip them and they worked? Looks like you have lift there also? The brush guard rocks...I can get muddy to save alot of money if I need to air them up.

Post some more pics

HOLY SH*%!! Are you for real? Well when the rim brakes in half and you take out a school bus full of kids and nuns... Look man the rim was NEVER designed to take a side load like that. IT WILL BRAKE!! I HAVE SEEN IT FIRST HAND. If it brakes and someone gets hurt they will find that and you will be at 100% Fault. Trust me.. 16 Year ASE and Shop manager I have dealt with this type of miss use and the consequences of doing so.

The G Man

Wes, Dog... Just like getting advice.. Had to post back to him.... Thank ya'll for the straight scoop..So were is the cheapest place for some used 2 inch spacers... Thanks again and take care

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't used spacers. Some people like them, some don't. It depends what you really want.

To use the Humvee rims, you will need them, or need to modify/swap your front hubs.

Westech

CPL
Well no joke but Ebay is a good spot. If you run your truck only off road you would be ok.. but high speed and large loads of turning will fold a rim. Search Ebay there are a couple people who make spacers CHEAP! and there not all that bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks